Thread Hi-jacking

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I've noticed a few dead Squirrels at the side of the road this past week - why do they always die on their backs with their feet up in the air?
After Zerkalo’s thread about the dead squirrel floating around displaying its prominent gonads, I have been unable to get that image out of my mind. And just as it starts to fade …
Thanks Dave!

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
In my duties as a Moderator, you often get to see threads which start off with the OP's subject

but then after a while run a disparaget course by the inclusion of subjects that really have no bearing or link to the OP's original question or subject

now most of the time, its not a problem, but on occasion, some posts are so far wide of the subject, or become unwelcome additions or are covered in other threads-postings

now the comedic posts about certain persons sat navs, moles, squirrel fishing, lake rulings and singular baliffs etc even though they often have little to do with the OP's thread apart from raising a smile and the group having a giggle at each others expense, Ive always found acceptable due to that is within the MD's modus operandii

though today after askin nicely on the national insurance thread that could it be kept to relevant postings, I have had the request from a couple of members that the moderating team or just myself should start actively persuing the comedic posts and removing them as they bring nothing to the thread or threads in question,and those posters are feeling like there is an agenda against them when they switch the subject

so are you for tougher restrictions on what could, can be posted in threads or is it okay as it is and your happy with the comedic bantr that occurs ?
I like both the subjects , ( not the royal subjects) and the banter. The Brits are renown world wide for their sense of humour (especially in the face of adversity), why attempt to curb this? As it says above 'Forums', not documentaries. Well that's my two penny's worth. Tight lines!