Those special days.

Rick123

Site Supporter
I've banged on for years about those special days that don't come around too often. If you work, you have to go when you can, but when you're retired, you're lucky I guess? What are those days I'm talking about, well its those days with "low light values". It seems most fish react well to overcast, dull, drizzle days and if its mild say 11 deg plus, you're sure the catch.

The fish I pursue are roach, chub, dace and at one time perch. All are active during those low light days and seem to feed for prolonged spells. But Zander, Pike and even carp can be very active in such circumstances. I don't have to spell out why these days are good to most of you, but the fish feel safe, come closer and move away from the cover they so often seek. November has been too bright really with not enough fo those days. I'm hoping after Christmas more of those days come my way, and some big fish too.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
What i love about those days is the way you only get anglers on the bank who are of a similar mind, who are there for the sheer love of the sport.

Quiet banks & fish that have forgotten to be shy - bliss

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
The weir I fish has Breakfast and Dinner Time for the fish, Chub and occasionally Barbel mostly, and an overcast sky can mean they will stick around during the day.