This picture says a lot to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
TV News didn't carry much "real people" stuff about the current confilct in Iraq but I found one on the net that I wanted to share.

It says a lot to me (all good) on several different fronts.

WAR_NEWS3.jpg

Newt Vail, Concord, NC. USA

norm

yup they all must still be very frightend and need each other for comfort

Datafile3.asp

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Well - a little prayer when in a combat zone can't hurt. And being frightened is a good way to stay alert which often translates into staying alive.

mike s

Newt, a little prayer can save a whole lot more than your life. It's good to see that people still have faith.

Cumbria Angling Centre

G

Never been in a combat situation but i suppose a word with the Man would help you through it.

Thought provoking picture.

bablefish.gif

catch me if u can
Andy,
Datafile3.asp

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
And considering the racial divisions & tensions we've had over the years plus the newness of women in combat zones & combat roles, the mix in the picture is interesting. And heartning.

Also when thinking back to the social mess we had during Viet Nam, seeing young troops mixing freely with older non-coms is a good thing. Neither of these would have been possible then so I'd say that we are making some progress toward maturing as a society.

And truth be told, I'm not much of any sort of religious person so the above caught my attention at least as much as the prayer circle. Although from the lack of reaction of the tank crew member passing by, it can't be an unusual sight.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Okay, I give up, what are they all looking at [?]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

alan edmonds

yeah well maybe some of the observations here should be put under a framed version of this......the serious and the not so serious........from the all American thinking man.......

nice one Newt......
reeeeeeeel emin ......Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.