This one is for real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
I have to wonder about the HR (Human Resources - used to be called Personnel) department of the company I work for. Most of us are spread out over much of the US on small, long-term contract jobs. Mine is typical as there are 4 of us and we are starting the 4th of a possible 5 year contract to provide computer support at a large mfg. site. As a result, the people working at our company headquarters are total strangers. And I think this particular stranger may have a screw loose somewhere.

This thing was sent to all contract employees (a few thousand of us I think). I especially think I'd love the last paragraph if I only understood it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All, there is some confusion regarding the call-in requirement for employees.

All employees are required to call-in if they are going to miss any work (either by an absence or tardiness). However, calling-in does not alleviate the requirement to be at work for all scheduled time. It also does not excuse the absence, which means that although an employee calls-in, they may be subject to further disciplinary action, up to and including termination because they are still missing scheduled time. The only time missed work is excused, is when the employee has a medical note or when the employee has prior written approval to miss work (ie personal time, bereavement leave...)

If an employee does not call-in for an absence or tardiness, then that employee may disciplined for both not calling-in and missing work.

Inclement Weather - Although bad weather may occur, managers may discipline employees for not attending work even though there are adverse weather conditions. There is still a requirement to fulfill their job duties, regardless of the weather. However, this policy is strict and has much variance depending on the site and the conditions. Please contact to discuss this policy if you have questions.

Thanks,

Newt Vail

TINY

Tiny
The person who wrote all that was obviously off work with some sort of mental illness[:D]

Andy.

Lid

My brother-in-law works for John Lewis. He can get discount on food at Waitrose, but only for him and his wife. Every month he gets a reminder stating he must pay the full price for any items they buy for their children.

I wonder how that's enforced then?

Lid [:)]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
...and I thought it was supposed to be us who were the barmy ones Newt [:D] ?

Dave

The Witness

Newt,
I worked in the Per---sorry H.R department of Total Oil.All I can say is that the H.R.Dept of your company is not atypical.
Still it keeps them off the streets.
Cheers,
Richard.

pjroberts31

Newt

That doesn't surprise me one bit,

These so called people are supposed to be employed by the company to help employees not do everything they can to dismiss them.
My last job was a good example of how desperate these people are, I ended up in hospital once with a bad asthma attack, the day I went back into work I got called into the office to face a disciplinary hearing, why I asked and she told me that in her opinion it was my fault that I ended up in hospital because I smoked, I then had quit a big argument with this idiot, and ended up getting a final warning. I appealed and it was dropped straight away by the MD who moved her back to training.

About 2 years later I had an accident in work which left me unable to walk, but this didnt stop her from sitting just down the road from my house trying to catch me walking, it stopped after my wife started giving her cups of bad tasting tea.

I personally think that they should all be shot and there bodys fed to rats, this would expel 2 types of vermin LOL

PJR31....

brady

i knock at least 2 days a month to go fishing [:)] and i just say it was a family emergency, under the new law in the uk it cannot be held against you or even go on your work record,life is sweeeeeet[8D]

the devil created work to stop me fishing!

Status
Not open for further replies.