This is the best commercial fishery

mbuna_matt

Unfortunately I haven’t been to any of the properly known ones but the best around here is probably Milton Pools (slim pickings for commercials locally tbh) and best I’ve been to overall probably cobbleacres as the lakes there truly to do all offer something different to each other. The sort of general mixed lake at henlow bridge lakes is probably the best single commercial lake I’ve fished though as it’s the only lake I’ve fished where you can do a big bag of quality stamp roach and a big bag of carp basically independent of each other tactically on one lake 👍🏻

Milton Pools is ok I prefer New Farm which is towards Maidenhead, not as big but far quieter!

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
I usually fish Lodge or Marlpit. I’ve only fished Leighs for about 90 minutes late last autumn and only caught tiddlers. I was surprised how big Leighs was when I did a circuit of it, there are lots of interesting island features so I’ll have to give it a proper go this year.
What I like about Leighs is the way they designed the layout of the islands, so you can have a 30/35 island chuck from one peg, whereas on other pegs the island is within pole reach. I also enjoy the mix of silvers and carp. My last visit was about a month ago and had a cracking day fishing worm and caster over groundbait for the silvers in the morning. It was one of the warm days we had and it was enough to bring the carp up and into the margins for the last hour or so in the afternoon, which was great fun on the pole.

BarryS

Gone fishing
IM not saying............there were far too many people frequenting my favourite local fishery......plonkers shouting at each other ...bite alarms turned to full volume...Lots of litter... family barbeques........The last thing I want is even more tossers turning up :)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Milton Pools is ok I prefer New Farm which is towards Maidenhead, not as big but far quieter!
Yeah I wouldn’t go much further than saying it’s ok either. It’s just probably the best of the stereo typical commercials around here