This is the best commercial fishery

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
^^ :oops:......Lends you another zero.....'500th'........:geek:
At least I’m facing the right way .... 20% of the time. That’s more than can be said for old JD drinker. Where is he anyway ? Oh ... that’s a daft question. He could be anywhere couldn’t he ? Cornwall no doubt 🙄🤣🤣

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Docklow Pools and Holgan Farm for the exact reasons already mentioned.

Froggatts Pools near Ludlow are definitely worth a mention in dispatches. So too is Andy's Pool, just south of Hereford. Lovely silver fishing and with 15' depths the ideal spot for a bit of slider fun.

I'm a member of Furnace Mill HFT airgun club and plan on taking the rods there in the near future.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Is it the norm for commercials to charge an annual registration fee plus your standard day rate? I Contacted the Ivy house lake in Wiltshire earlier and they want a £25 reg fee to be sorted in advance of arrival. I don’t think ill bother tbh.

Regarding the OP - another vote for Milton Pools but as @Silverfisher says the commercials are few and far between in the Oxfordshire area.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Is it the norm for commercials to charge an annual registration fee plus your standard day rate? I Contacted the Ivy house lake in Wiltshire earlier and they want a £25 reg fee to be sorted in advance of arrival. I don’t think ill bother tbh.

Regarding the OP - another vote for Milton Pools but as @Silverfisher says the commercials are few and far between in the Oxfordshire area.
A commercial I used to fish on day ticket has done that whole registration fee and an increased day rate thing in the last few years so I haven’t been since as it’s not really worth the cost. I’m half tempted to join this year though seeing as at least in the short term with the restrictions there’s not much competition for my time or money 😅

And yeah commercials are thin on the ground here. I guess because they are simply not needed as much with the existing options of the rivers, canals and gravel pits.

WickerDave

Docklow Pools and Holgan Farm for the exact reasons already mentioned.

Froggatts Pools near Ludlow are definitely worth a mention in dispatches. So too is Andy's Pool, just south of Hereford. Lovely silver fishing and with 15' depths the ideal spot for a bit of slider fun.

I'm a member of Furnace Mill HFT airgun club and plan on taking the rods there in the near future.
I like the fishing at Froggatts, but not the quagmire banks in the winter!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I can imagine after my bold statement someone fishing Furnace Mill for the first time and expecting more than what it is. It's only a small place but I think very respectable with some quality fish to go at. I think sometimes I expect too much of a fishery, expecting specimen sized fish to be easy to catch, but then they would lose their magic and would no longer be near enough 'specimens' if they were common. When talking of having your own fishery though, mine wouldn't be far off using Furnace Mill as a template.

WickerDave

I really enjoy fishing on Leighs!
I usually fish Lodge or Marlpit. I’ve only fished Leighs for about 90 minutes late last autumn and only caught tiddlers. I was surprised how big Leighs was when I did a circuit of it, there are lots of interesting island features so I’ll have to give it a proper go this year.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
A commercial I used to fish on day ticket has done that whole registration fee and an increased day rate thing in the last few years so I haven’t been since as it’s not really worth the cost. I’m half tempted to join this year though seeing as at least in the short term with the restrictions there’s not much competition for my time or money 😅

And yeah commercials are thin on the ground here. I guess because they are simply not needed as much with the existing options of the rivers, canals and gravel pits.
It is a bit of a Mickey take - these commercials aren’t cheap at around £10 a day. I believe it will lose them custom because people aren’t going to want to pay a £25 registration fee if like me they just want to visit as a one off.