This is the best commercial fishery

Zerkalo

Site Supporter

For me, this is the best commercial fishery near me. It is endorsed by Matt Hayes.

Some people don't rate it quite as highly as me... it's too small, too tightly pegged, the banks are too steep behind one bit of Furnace Pool etc.

But to me you get a chance of catching specimen Roach, Bream and Perch among the Carp.

Match weights there aren't the highest but it's possible to catch there all year round on the right pegs.

What's the best commercial near you?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

For me, this is the best commercial fishery near me. It is endorsed by Matt Hayes.

Some people don't rate it quite as highly as me... it's too small, too tightly pegged, the banks are too steep behind one bit of Furnace Pool etc.

But to me you get a chance of catching specimen Roach, Bream and Perch among the Carp.

Match weights there aren't the highest but it's possible to catch there all year round on the right pegs.

What's the best commercial near you?
I did like woodlands thirsk ,havent been for a few years . Tollerton is really good ,forrest lane ,redwood . The oaks sessay .

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I did like woodlands thirsk ,havent been for a few years . Tollerton is really good ,forrest lane ,redwood . The oaks sessay .
My favourite with out doubt is Lindholme but its not local ,what a venue

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
Local to me, (within an hour or so's drive), are Viaduct, Todber Manor and Stafford Moor plus a host of other fisheries as we are spoiled in the South West. Unfortunately Viaduct is limiting it's match fishing lakes in favour of Speci Carp fishing so match attendances will be limited which is a shame as it's always been one of my favourite venues.

Stafford Moor and Todber Manor are superb and very well rand fisheries where you can catch carp, catfish and big weights of silvers. Both have superb facilities and holiday facilities to boot and come highly recommended.

Other venues I've fished that I like, not so local are Maver Larford, the Glebe and Woodlands Thirsk.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Best covers a lot parameters , commercial lakes have different meanings for different people from match weights, species stocked, prices, amenities, rules, owners, how matches are run, payouts, etc etc etc.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Best covers a lot parameters , commercial lakes have different meanings for different people from match weights, species stocked, prices, amenities, rules, owners, how matches are run, payouts, etc etc etc.
Yes it was a bold statement from me. I should add a few caveats, for my taste and near me.

Joe C

Site Supporter
Local to me, (within an hour or so's drive), are Viaduct, Todber Manor and Stafford Moor plus a host of other fisheries as we are spoiled in the South West. Unfortunately Viaduct is limiting it's match fishing lakes in favour of Speci Carp fishing so match attendances will be limited which is a shame as it's always been one of my favourite venues.

Stafford Moor and Todber Manor are superb and very well rand fisheries where you can catch carp, catfish and big weights of silvers. Both have superb facilities and holiday facilities to boot and come highly recommended.

Other venues I've fished that I like, not so local are Maver Larford, the Glebe and Woodlands Thirsk.
Agree Dave we are spoiled. Really wanted to holiday for a couple of nights down in Stafford moor this summer but looking like they’re sold out already. Great for them!

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
Agree Dave we are spoiled. Really wanted to holiday for a couple of nights down in Stafford moor this summer but looking like they’re sold out already. Great for them!
Joe phone Jo at Stafford M, she was advertising some cancellations last week on FB.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Unfortunately I haven’t been to any of the properly known ones but the best around here is probably Milton Pools (slim pickings for commercials locally tbh) and best I’ve been to overall probably cobbleacres as the lakes there truly to do all offer something different to each other. The sort of general mixed lake at henlow bridge lakes is probably the best single commercial lake I’ve fished though as it’s the only lake I’ve fished where you can do a big bag of quality stamp roach and a big bag of carp basically independent of each other tactically on one lake 👍🏻

Total

Site Supporter
Unfortunately I haven’t been to any of the properly known ones but the best around here is probably Milton Pools (slim pickings for commercials locally tbh)........

Milton Pools is certainly one of the nosiest! :help: :eek:

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’ve fished Furnace Mill a few times. I agree with you @Zerkalo it is really nice there. Immaculately kept and really beautiful surroundings.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Milton Pools is certainly one of the nosiest! :help: :eek:
😂 yep peaceful it is not!

I can only bring myself to fish the few lakes at the back as given how noisy it is on them the lakes closer to the motorway must be like fishing on the central reservation 😅

I think independently the lakes there are nice aesthetically and fishing wise but they are just all a bit too crammed in and obviously not in a good spot. Cheap land I assume 🤔