Things you hate about Christmas

Tenacious Sloth

Site Supporter
I quite like Christmas but for me it is generally ruined by starting way too early, which dilutes the Christmassy feeling.

It would be great if anything related to Christmas was banned until one week before. Imagine how festive it would feel if it only lasted for a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately this will never happen as the World is run by Marketing Teams trying to part us with our ‘hard earned’.

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
I love every bit of it, always have. Luckily for me, my wife loves it as much, if not more. She watches Christmas films from July onwards, counts down the weeks and we both spend far more than we should but why not? For the first time in 30 years I won’t be on call for any part of it so I’ve booked a few days leave to give me two whole weeks off over Christmas and new year, cannot wait, our own lockdown finally after working all through this damned year 🎄

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Simply the Bread
Site Supporter
Wrapping Presents: I order presents online. Take them to Keighley Airedale Shopping centre as they do free wrapping. Whilst Santa's helpers wrap. I Have lunch at K Town Wetherspoons. Return to wrapped presents 😁 impressed wifey 🤠💖

piscatorial

Having to fetch the Christmas Tree and all the associated trimmings and lights from the loft, assemble it all, then 4 weeks later take it all back down and pack it away again up in the loft until the next time.

H T B

Site Supporter
Maybe the advert from the NHS or Government this year for Christmas should be “Enjoy your family Christmas, it could be your last!”

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Getting the decorations in and out of the loft. It wouldnt be so bad if there was as many of them lol. And the family going back home. :(

Whisker

Site Supporter
Hate the build up to it from September onwards, it’s 1 day ffs and by the time it arrives I’ve well and truly had enough.
I only start to enjoy Christmas once all the pressies are opened, I’ve got a tipple and dinners cooking... all that pressure just goes.

tonerain

Site Supporter
I recall a sketch on the Stanley Baxter show on TV.
He goes into the off-licence and orders 12 cases of beer; 12 lager; 12 cider; 6 bottles of whisky; 6 vodka; 6 gin; 6 brandy and mixers.
Shop keeper says "Christmas again, eh?"
Stanley replies "Aye, if it weren't for the kids, we wouldna' bother".