Things to check when you decide to go fishing.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
At least @Dave took his wallet,
More than @MunchMyStump did the other day, Imangine that conversation with the bailiff and the Mrs stood there
?
Funnily enough I always bag the money up the night before and put it in the car, I have previous and learnt my lesson!!
Guess I won't be forgetting the special chair either now?
I'll forget something else instead :oops:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
In my experience most bailiffs will usually take an IOU when it's an obvious mistake and the angler looks trustworthy and genuine.

I can only assume that said angler fulfilled neither of these criteria and indeed appeared to be something of a rogue and vagabond.

I hope the mods will severely castigate the individual concerned once they establish his identity.

Simon

He wants more than castigating...........he ought to be circumnavigated and then banned. :D:D:D

Or at least spend a long time on @Dave Spence 's naughty step, after completing a stock check of hammers and cans of WD40 :D

Davethefish

Site Supporter
Once found myself in the same situation of being without funds on a fairly remote section of river. Thankfully the very understanding bailiff accepted a deftly executed hand job and half a pork pie as payment. However, although he told me that this could be a regular 'arrangement', should I develop arthritis in my hands the deal was off the table ! :oops::oops::oops:

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
Once found myself in the same situation of being without funds on a fairly remote section of river. Thankfully the very understanding bailiff accepted a deftly executed hand job and half a pork pie as payment. However, although he told me that this could be a regular 'arrangement', should I develop arthritis in my hands the deal was off the table ! :oops::oops::oops:
Good job ‘twas only a hand job, you’d have needed that half a pork pie to take the taste away ?

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Almost as as bad leaving your rod bag at home, and only realized after unloading the car. Only good thing was only 5 miles home to collect it.

ATTICUS FINCH

Hmmm ,reminds me of a time when a certain Dave left all his top kits at home and had to beg from others to borrow a kit .
The Dave in question was not our imperious leader but davethefish.

SeanB

Site Supporter
In all fairness though, the original fiver probably wouldn't have been accepted anyway, I don't think ones with Queen Victoria on them are still legal tender ?

Davethefish

Site Supporter
Hmmm ,reminds me of a time when a certain Dave left all his top kits at home and had to beg from others to borrow a kit .
The Dave in question was not our imperious leader but davethefish.
No ! That was 'Dave The Fish', I'm Davethefish and don't even own a pole ( Whips yes, but no poles )

nejohn

Site Supporter
That is a lesson I learned a few years ago when I travelled about 30 miles to a day ticket water only to find on arrival that I had left my wallet on the kitchen worktop, I did manage to scramble almost enough cash for a ticket from change in my car that I keep for parking and the owner let me off with the extra 30 something pence. ...lesson learned I now have a £10 note in my tackle box in with my club cards

rudd

Site Supporter
Clip boards, weight slings, scales and draw bag once when running matches ?

rudd

Site Supporter
And once drove an hour to Aldburgh to fish the 'Dirty wall'.
On arrival loads of cars leaving the sea wall and I mean loads.
Didnt check the sodding tide did I.
Then blanked!