Things to check when you decide to go fishing.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
A cautionary tale for fellow Drowners,
It's a lovely day up here in Yorkshire, just the sort of day that the owner of a well known fishing website who is cooped up at home might decide was the perfect opportunity to get his long neglected Barbel tackle out, dust it off and set out for the River Wharfe at Tadcaster.
On arrival he's happy to find that although the river is carrying a bit of extra water a swim with an inviting eddy free so plonks his gear down and starts to get ready.
At this point the Bailiff arrives to collect the day ticket money (£5) Into his very deep pocket and the wallet is retrieved from the dark recesses so he can part with a favourite and long held banknote (serial number AK 19 417322) of the required value of legal tender. The closely guarded combination activated, the wallet creaks open as a couple of moths fly free blinking into the sunlight. :eek: Shock !!!!! Horror !!!!!! there is NO banknote in there!!!!!!

Feeling nauseous and faint he sits down, then realises that his good lady had taken the faithful hound for a walk earlier this morning and had obviously extricated said banknote from its place of rest in case a few bits and bobs were needed on her stroll.

Now said bailiff informs the unfortunate chap that he doesn't take cards, PayPal, accept bank transfers, just coin or notes of legal tender and No the angler can't owe him a fiver. ? Fortunately the Bailiff points him in the direction of a Hole in the Wall while offering to keep an eye on this anglers tackle.

So after a short trip the matter is resolved, the ticket paid for and he settles down for an afternoons fishing. How will he get on?.............. Well who knows, said angler may well be a member of MD's, so you never know, we may well find out later, ??

TrickyD

Site Supporter
A cautionary tale for fellow Drowners,
It's a lovely day up here in Yorkshire, just the sort of day that the owner of a well known fishing website who is cooped up at home might decide was the perfect opportunity to get his long neglected Barbel tackle out, dust it off and set out for the River Wharfe at Tadcaster.
On arrival he's happy to find that although the river is carrying a bit of extra water a swim with an inviting eddy free so plonks his gear down and starts to get ready.
At this point the Bailiff arrives to collect the day ticket money (£5) Into his very deep pocket and the wallet is retrieved from the dark recesses so he can part with a favourite and long held banknote (serial number AK 19 417322) of the required value of legal tender. The closely guarded combination activated, the wallet creaks open as a couple of moths fly free blinking into the sunlight. :eek: Shock !!!!! Horror !!!!!! there is NO banknote in there!!!!!!

Feeling nauseous and faint he sits down, then realises that his good lady had taken the faithful hound for a walk earlier this morning and had obviously extricated said banknote from its place of rest in case a few bits and bobs were needed on her stroll.

Now said bailiff informs the unfortunate chap that he doesn't take cards, PayPal, accept bank transfers, just coin or notes of legal tender and No the angler can't owe him a fiver. ? Fortunately the Bailiff points him in the direction of a Hole in the Wall while offering to keep an eye on this anglers tackle.

So after a short trip the matter is resolved, the ticket paid for and he settles down for an afternoons fishing. How will he get on?.............. Well who knows, said angler may well be a member of MD's, so you never know, we may well find out later, ??
Keep some cash in your box.I do, along with my club card and license.

bettsfan

Mr Munch in disguise eh ??? It was probably under the Cobwebs anyway :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Does look like a lovely stretch though, good luck

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
never ever ever tell the missus the combination to the wallet! hard lesson learned and you had to withdraw more then a fiver from the ATM i bet as well so double whammy!!!

Keith Sparky

Easily done as nowadays nearly all transactions are cashless that remembering to carry cash can be easily overlooked. I do the same as others and keep a few notes in with my license in my seat box as you never know. Also have a back up tenner tucked in the sun visor in the car.

Simon R

Site Supporter
In my experience most bailiffs will usually take an IOU when it's an obvious mistake and the angler looks trustworthy and genuine.

I can only assume that said angler fulfilled neither of these criteria and indeed appeared to be something of a rogue and vagabond.

I hope the mods will severely castigate the individual concerned once they establish his identity.

Simon

90sGear

Site Supporter
Thought you’d have a stash of quids from Scribe knocking about ?

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
And that is why I carry a bag of small change in the car along with the spare clothes and first aid kit. You never know when you need money for a car park, fancy a Golden Arches burger or coffee or indeed to pay for the day ticket.

Do people still accept thre'penny bits and silver sixpences?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
So I take it that after all that, Nowt was caught?