Things that make you want to scream...

MrTencherson

So today I loaded a spool with some Daiwa Hyper Sensor line that I recently purchased. I used warm soapy water to try and avoid twisty line.

I loaded the first spool (250m) and put my hand in the water to remove the bulk spool of line to find the bottom of the spool had fallen off. FFS I could have screamed...

I am so annoyed, such a waste but I don't have the patience to untangle that lot.

What makes you want scream?

20191003_204943.jpg

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
That’s ridiculous. Talk about a design fault. It’s no wonder you wanted to scream.

MrTencherson

Funny you say that ukzero1 I had put the mess into a zip lock bag for hook lengths. I calculated that I have enough for about 9000 hook lengths. I sat down, did 2 hook lengths and got bored and quit ?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Funny you say that ukzero1 I had put the mess into a zip lock bag for hook lengths. I calculated that I have enough for about 9000 hook lengths. I sat down, did 2 hook lengths and got bored and quit ?

I didn't say it was going to be easy. Are you screaming yet? :LOL:

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
What l hate is tackle shops when you go on line state they have a web site but there seems no way to get onto it FFS.
Been trying to get onto Leigh Tackle and it says web site - go for it - No it feckin isn't.
Cybertill keeps coming up.
So I'm going to spend my money elsewhere .
Really p155ed off.?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
That is exactly what happened to me with a bulk spool of 8lb Daiwa Sensor. Like Peter says, just make hook lengths out of it. I reckon Daiwa would have swapped it but, I just could not be bothered sending it back.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Send em to Cornmaster, he loves tying hooks. Alternatively, give the whole mess to Red Leader to untangle, it will give him something to do whilst Peter is bagging on the next peg :p:p:p

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Depending on the breaking strain, you could string together some bird scarers for the garden, put up a line so you can dry off those notes when wifey bungs trousers in washer without checking pockets, use it as dental floss...all sorts of stuff. :D

Method Man

What really pea's me off is when you order tackle on line says it's in stock doesn't arrive so you phone them and they say sorry no stock waiting for it to come in, thanks for letting me know when I placed the order, don't use that company again ??