They've gone up.....

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Trogg, will these be coming over us? if yes, what day/time etc. Pauline saw them a few days back and i wouldn't mind having a peek at them.(y)

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I don't understand how he has got permission to launch all these satellites when the astronomy community are so up in arms about it, surely it would have been forecast to interfere with telescopes and observatories.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trogg, will these be coming over us? if yes, what day/time etc. Pauline saw them a few days back and i wouldn't mind having a peek at them.(y)
Set Cardiff as your Location mate.... don't forget that the times show the "leader" the first in the chain, ifyou miss it just keep looking and you should see the others following but the gap between them has increased now they are into their set orbits and of course the new ones will also be visable.

I don't understand how he has got permission to launch all these satellites when the astronomy community are so up in arms about it, surely it would have been forecast to interfere with telescopes and observatories.

Because they got their calculations wrong, the solar array on each satellite reflects more light than they expected.
When you consider they are classed as ultrasmall satellites (weighing less than 1100lb) and are around the same size as the old televisions, orbiting at roughly 310 miles they are a lot higher than the ISS which is only 250 miles up they weren't expecting the panel to reflect with such a magnitude.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Set Cardiff as your Location mate.... don't forget that the times show the "leader" the first in the chain, ifyou miss it just keep looking and you should see the others following but the gap between them has increased now they are into their set orbits and of course the new ones will also be visable.

Because they got their calculations wrong, the solar array on each satellite reflects more light than they expected.
When you consider they are classed as ultrasmall satellites (weighing less than 1100lb) and are around the same size as the old televisions, orbiting at roughly 310 miles they are a lot higher than the ISS which is only 250 miles up they weren't expecting the panel to reflect with such a magnitude.
@Trogg, thank you mate?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Psses me off that we still give aid to countries who have space and nuclear programs...

Yep, if they can afford everything involved in that then they don't need the aid we give them...even though it's supposed to be repayment for all the stuff we stole from their countries when we took them into the glorious British empire and made their people so poor and suffering

If they spent the money on helping their people instead of creating weapons and rockets to the moon they wouldn't be in such a mess!

rudd

Site Supporter
I bet Branson is wearing out his teeth gnashing them together at being beaten by such a massive margin :D

Saw them half an hour a ago across the clear Suffolk Sky, what a site to see!
Nuts.

rudd

Site Supporter
Se
Nuts.
Second showing not very good as more Westerly but totally different angle and viewing.
Tracker showing sightings all week.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nuts.

It's amazing to watch but weird at the same time..... like a fleet of alien craft circling the globe waiting to attack.:alien::plasmawhore:

rudd

Site Supporter
It's amazing to watch but weird at the same time..... like a fleet of alien craft circling the globe waiting to attack.:alien::plasmawhore:
Its the way they curve as rising then straighten out into a straight line, a great optical illusion.