They'll pinch anything nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Following the farce with the skip arriving late yesterday it was no surprise when it was not collected last night.

Went out this morning to walk the dogs and it was still there when we returned, however when Shez went round the shop abot midmorning she came rushing in with some news.[:0]

Believe it or not someone had been to the skip and removed the washing machine from out of the bottom of the skip!!![:0][:0] From under all the other debris and rubbish.
I tell ya they'll nick anything round here and if it's nailed down they'll have the bloody nails as well.

Still I'm not bothered the damm thing's gone now, I'm just a big gobsmacked that someone has got the neck to climb into the skip to take it in the first place.[:0][:D][:D]

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
That makes a change

You normally get a skip delivered, wake up in the morning and someone has put a washing machine or fridge IN to your skip

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Your right there Jason, I half expected to find someone else had stuck some stuff in there this morning.

Crikey it's persisting with rain again!!![V][V] The rain's coming down so hard the guttering can't take it all and I can't see the flats, which are 100yds away, through the rain.

Towpath Tyke

That washing machines worth about 50 scr*p value! They take all the insides out and sell them, plus the weight of metal scr*p!! My brother in law is a scr*p merchant/car dealer. Cat converters out of scr*pped cars sell for 30 - 50!

Last edited:

norm

its the word that censored scr*p there you go its not just you lol

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Legally, they were in their rights to take the washing machine it could be seen that because it was in a skip you had abandoned your legal rights of ownership as it may be regarded as rubbish...I'm still stunned that it's true what people say..you order a skip and others fill it with their junk not taking your junk away.....

Could have saved myself a fortune with a costly divorce...should have put the ex wife in a skip!

tallboyjim

knows nowt
Account Locked
My mate was a in part of town once and watched while a woman in her 60s or 70s pull out a large rolled carpet from a skip and was away down the road with it.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
We (at work) have the problem of people dumping fridges etc in our skip, but we dont mind too much, as usually if you take it out and leave it next to the skip, the next day its gone!

I was told about the tooth fairy as a kid, but not the "Skip Fairies"!

I wish I could leave all my work outside and come back the next morning to find it all done for me! lol

where i live they do the same we emptied out the shed and within an hour all the ld and rusty tools that didnt work were gone the cooker was gone and the sink was gone. just makes me wish we had a jumble sale we would of made some money lol

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lol, I have on average a skip a week at one job or another and regularly have them raided for scrap metal
In fact at times it seems like the skip rats are following me around lol

Any decent metal such as copper always gets put to one side and not skipped but steel and cast doesn't pay well so it goes in along with the rest of the rubbish and if someone wants to take it they're more than welcome as long as they ask first
The ones that get me are the ones that wlak onto a job and start rifleing the skip without asking when we're on it, and the worse culprits for that are Romanians - grrr

Last year I got a midi skip and filled it three times with waste and each time it was emptied - I sent the thing back half full in the end [:D]

norm

i don't think were i live that there is one single Romanian, or for that matter any person from a foreign country in our area

(Chinese, Indians, kebab people, excluded)

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Originally posted by norm

i don't think were i live that there is one single Romanian, or for that matter any person from a foreign country in our area

(Chinese, Indians, kebab people, excluded)

LOL Norm, yas all tark forin like up there.[:D]

I once passed a skip and saw a really clean looking Dyson Vacuum Cleaner in it, I pulled up and "rescued" it.
Took it home, plugged it in and the motor worked a treat.

Cost me 1.99 for a packet of two drive belts.[:0][:0]

1 and it worked fine (plus a spare drive belt) CAN'T be bad.[;)]

T.A.Y or what!!

groundhog

Life Survivor
Originally posted by Enigma

Legally, they were in their rights to take the washing machine it could be seen that because it was in a skip you had abandoned your legal rights of ownership as it may be regarded as rubbish...I'm still stunned that it's true what people say..you order a skip and others fill it with their junk not taking your junk away.....

Could have saved myself a fortune with a costly divorce...should have put the ex wife in a skip!
[:)]Enigma mate,sorry to dissapoint you[:(], but legally anyone removing anything from a skip IS commiting an act of THEFT and are liable to be prosecuted, unless the owner is asked and gives their permission and consent first.
I do like your idea as regards the ex and divorce though,and I think you would have given permission to have the ex taken.[:D][}:)][}:)]
[:D][:D][:D]
Regards G.H.

Cedric

My mate was waiting for the RAC on a motorway, he put the bonnet up and was looking in when he heard his hubcaps coming off. 2 blokes were quick as a flash undoing his wheel nuts. He shouted at them, they replied "**** off, you're aving the engine, we're avin the wheels"

They seemed quite put out when he said it was his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.