Thermal Base Layer

Method Man

Hi Guys
Just trying to make sure I’m warm this winter fed up with freezing my n——-ts off, recommendations please for a decent base layer thermal, been looking at Preston 2 piece underwear set anyone got these? I know sometimes better to steer clear of the tackle manufactur, don’t really want anything to bulky, cheers.....

PAB

Site Supporter
I have found the ones in Aldi for cyclists to be fantastic I also have a couple of Guru long sleeved ones which are good both as good or better than my Preston ones.

Total

Site Supporter
I bought a couple of sets of 'Peter Storm' thermal underwear (base layer long sleeve tops and base layer long johns) Approx' £40 per set including postage about four years ago. (they are on offer for £24 plus postage if you look around)

They've kept me very warm and for a southern softy I can't complain. :giggle:.......No excess sweating and they wash up nice a dry quickly....Worth a punt IMO. (y)

HawkerMan

Site Supporter
Good read on the blog!

Ive been thinking about keeping warm to and im thinking of one of these:

Amazon product
I Bought the Daiwa Sleep Skin thermals and they are the best I've ever had.

marc_uk

I Bought the Daiwa Sleep Skin thermals and they are the best I've ever had.
That looks good. So i take it you wear that under some waterproofs?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi Guys
Just trying to make sure I’m warm this winter fed up with freezing my n——-ts off, recommendations please for a decent base layer thermal, been looking at Preston 2 piece underwear set anyone got these? I know sometimes better to steer clear of the tackle manufactur, don’t really want anything to bulky, cheers.....
I've ordered Blaze battery operated thermal layers from Bristol Angling £215 for base layer top and bottoms..if you don't want to go that far Alpaka wool or any good wool base layers are good .Its all about layers and drinking hot drinks and eating a good breakfast and keeping as dry as possible

marc_uk

I wear the IMAX its excellent ..mine is the grey and white one .

Are they a good fit? Ive seen some suits that are really baggy but these look really good online and they have excellent reviews. Im 6ft 2 but and only weigh 12 s 8 (skinny lanky git ;) ) so just have to work out what size to buy, i was thinking large.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Are they a good fit? Ive seen some suits that are really baggy but these look really good online and they have excellent reviews. Im 6ft 2 but and only weigh 12 s 8 (skinny lanky git ;) ) so just have to work out what size to buy, i was thinking large.
I'm 6ft got the large. I think that will be perfect for you with your layers underneath

Method Man

Just been looking online skeetex thermal base layer looks good..
good tips from you all cheers..

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I bought a couple of sets of 'Peter Storm' thermal underwear (base layer long sleeve tops and base layer long johns) Approx' £40 per set including postage about four years ago. (they are on offer for £24 plus postage if you look around)

They've kept me very warm and for a southern softy I can't complain. :giggle:.......No excess sweating and they wash up nice a dry quickly....Worth a punt IMO. (y)
I steadfastly refuse to wear long johns !!!!!!

rd350lc

Got the IMAX thermal coat and it's toasty as could be .
Can't say how long the waterproofing will hold up , for the money it's excellent .

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
I have the Imax suit and for the money it is good kit.
They are warm and waterproof and I have just given the bib and brace the Nikwax treatment came up like new.
Got this week off so a couple of days on the bank this week me thinks.
I’m a person of restricted height and for me a bit long in the leg but with the bottoms zipped they sit on my boots ok without trailing in the mud.

floatfisher

Site Supporter
I've had the Sundridge Sleepskin set for years and they're very good and hardwearing too. Probably the same as the Daiwa ones I think.