There's a hole in my pole!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Site Supporter
I would be interested to hear if any of you have experienced this before, the other day when i was fishing i had a carp of around 4lbs on and was giving it a bit of stick (i've tightened up my black hydro now malc[;)]) when the hook pulled. The rig went shooting back toward the top kit resulting in a size 14 pr28 firmly embedding itself in the top kit about 8" away from the tip. Now i pulled it out, leaving a small hole and continued fishing with no problems. I know that i will now need a new top kit, as stress will cause this hole to enlarge and fracture the carbon, but was wondering if any of you have experienced similar mishaps?[:p]

HEY DUDE............
afro.gif

martin.

Account Locked
if its only a short distance from tip couldnt you just cut it back

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

MALC

LOL....Lucky it wasn't your hand.[B)]

Cant say i've seen that before Matt but i did see Steve "Snap" a top kit on his SC1 today and i never laughed.[;)][;)]

Okay so i did [:D][:D][:D]

But the fishing was rubbish.

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'd be inclined to do as Martin suggests and fit a bigger bush [:)]

most of the stress will be further down the sections so you shouldn't have too much of a problem if its just a hookpointish hole [8D]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Free MD's Stickers

TINY

Tiny
A good mate of mine was using a pole on the Severn(nutter)[:p].We believe the fish to have been a big Barbel,so here is the scenario.
Big fish on,[:D]hooked well,[:D]elastic bellied out[:(],pole bent right round.[:0]
With me so far[?]
Hook comes free[:(!],8bb scud missile pole float screams from water,[:0]hits the top section and cuts about a foot straight off the top of the pole.[V]
Never laughed so much in my life[:D][:D],but had too calm down due to long walk home if I didn`t[;)]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Well fix it dear Henry, dear Henry, FIX IT !!
Couldn't resist that, sorry !
Doesn't happen to them poles with rings on and a reel.

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

Status
Not open for further replies.