Theft from The Glebe....

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The Glebe and Mallory Park Fisheries

Dear Members,
First we have some really bad news from earlier today, Sunday, 27th September.
Whilst members were preparing for the draw a couple of scumbags drove through the open gate and stole one of our members rod holdall out of his van then drove away.
If anyone has any dash cam footage of the black car parked up just inside the gate area please us know.
Also, if anyone get’s offered a Daiwa 16mtr ZR4 and Daiwa 11ft feeder and 12ft pellet wagg rods these was in black Daiwa pole hold-all and a Daiwa two rod carry case.
Please feel free to share this on Facebook and let’s find them and do our best to get Dean (pictured from happier days at The Glebe) his pole and rods back !
It is a message that everyone must be vigilant and the lesson is to keep the gate closed and locked all of the time.

Keep safe.
Regards,
Roy.

lp1886

I feel really sorry for anybody that has their kit nicked...even though mine is not particularly top of the range, I’d still be fuming if someone stole it.
However what amazes me is that the lesson to be learned is ‘lock the gate’ rather than ‘lock the car’.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've said it before, and will say it again - get a Tracker and squat it in your pole holdall

If anyone is going to nick anything, the pole holdall is the obvious choice - light enough to grab and will have good resale value inside it.

If someone nicks it they're not going to hang around looking for a tracker in it, and chances are they wouldn't even think about there being one.

This is the one I've recommended to several people now, others have bought them following my review, and no one that has seen mine in action can fault it.

A Neighbour bought an expensive secondhand motor home which he'd ploughed a lump of his pension pot into, no tracker on it.
I leant him mine when he went on a recent jaunt up to the Lakes for a long weekend. When he came back we looked at the app and followed his route over the three days - right down to within 3metres.
Just imagine if that was in your pole holdall and some schit nicked it. Even if you and a few mates didn't want to go collect it, you've got the details to give to the police.

davebike1

Site Supporter
The other bit to Tough on crime is NOT to buy kit from suspect sorces If they cannot sell it most will not steal it ! Don't buy from the doggy bloke down the pub aor on FB that will not give his address!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem is there are always people that will buy it, and there are people who steal to order, such is the way of the world.

davebike1

Site Supporter
Yes Dave but that is the SAD point maybe I odd but I will not buy what may be stolen goods if more followed me there would be less theft

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
isnt the first time its happened there though is it,

you would think that you would make sure your motor was secure and the gear was out of sight before leaving it

I cant be the only person that checks all the doors every time I park my motor

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think the thing is for many anglers is when they turn up at a fishery, especially their 'local' the comfort factor steps in and people don't think that there are people amongst them that will steal their tackle given half the chance.
In all fairness, why should they, but there are and tackle is stolen.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
isnt the first time its happened there though is it,

you would think that you would make sure your motor was secure and the gear was out of sight before leaving it

I cant be the only person that checks all the doors every time I park my motor
We do that at our club now ,we also leave at least one person watching before and after the match .

davebike1

Site Supporter
May be I lucky my club waters are mostly behind locked Gates and mostly small enough that you can see you car from your swim !
May be also that is why myself and other commitee mambes and balifs chase you up if you don't shut and lock the gates ! Well landowners are also chasing us on rented waters!

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
you get those that state,

its okay, the car parks all camera'd up

yet how many times have you seen security videos of thefts that are published, yet the culprits are never identified

think it was a couple of years back, that the Glebe had a whole pondload of Koi robbed right under the sight of cameras,

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I lock my car when I pop in the shop for a paper,it's so easy with key fobs,I can't understand why someone would leave it unlocked when it's full of gear.

davebike1

Site Supporter
Camers are good if someone is watching them ! Otherwise forget it
We lots of CCTV of the last breakin at work local PCSO reconised the perps but not good enough for anything beond a serch warrent and that took days and produced nothing

Rick123

Site Supporter
Its this type of social crime I'd like to see stronger laws for. Like a year in jail, now that would scare them. The Judge is about to offer a fine when, instead he says " One year in prison" watch the b*****ds rubbish themselves.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Its this type of social crime I'd like to see stronger laws for. Like a year in jail, now that would scare them. The Judge is about to offer a fine when, instead he says " One year in prison" watch the b*****ds rubbish themselves.
As long as it’s with hard Labour as well, and sharing a cell with someone who bats for the other side, would be even better.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Used to drive for a living old firm kept getting vans broke into over weekend taking radio and syphen diesel we had about 16 vans transport supervisor sat in canteen with video camera waiting for them coming back got them on tape draining 2 vans phoned police the station was about 1 mile away took them 4 hours to turn up don't think they were ever caught ended up parking vans inside warehouse every weekends and bigger vans in box shapes so fuel tanks couldn't be reached