The ZIPPY CURSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

We've all read about Trev's misfortune's laterly:
Broken pole sections, Car stuck in the mud & the rod bag (with a happy ending) and all the other misshaps that go hand in hand with Trev's days on the bank.

Well now i can say that THE ZIPPY CURSE is rubbing off and i caught it today.

Had a match on the canal and was up at 6am and left after loading the car at 6.45am to pick up my mate and be at the cafe for breaky and draw at 7.15am (ok up to now).

Gets to the cafe and (IT STARTS) the cafe is in darkness and a little note tells us the draw has moved 5 miles away, so off we go.
Gets to new draw location and the cafe owner is not a happy chappy to say the least as it's just him on his own and with 50+ anglers wanting breaky he's had to wake his wife up (not a good move) to cook and she is even less happy than him and whilst serving is give a bit of verbal to some of the blokes,(it's now 7.40am) the organiser shouts the new draw time as 8.20am to give the cook time to do her stuff.
Well 8.20 the draw starts (me and a few others aint got breaky yet) eventually it arrives at 8.30. The match starts at 9.30 and is 15mins drive so no real problem. Eats my breaky then drops my mate off at his section and drives to my section (it's 8.50).

Gets all the winter toggs on then picks up my bait bag and it feels a bit light, i unzip it and look inside and what do i see THE ZIPPY CURSE its empty all bar flask and towel.
My bait and groundbait are still at home. Home is 20mins drive away so off i shoot thinking welly it and could be there and back in 40to45mins.

On the way home what happens i miss a speed camera and it flashes me 60 in a 40 zone.
Any way gets back to the match at 10.15 and started at 10.45 (missed hour quarter).
But the day ended better with second in section with 2lb 1oz (1 Bream)
Section winner had 2lb 7oz.
And even won a tin of biscuits on the after match raffle.

So cheers Trev

CAN I NOW JOIN THE ZIPPY CURSE CLUB

Malc

AlexR

wow malc, thats quite a few unlucky things! ive never had a terrible session, but i have forgotten groundbait bowl, nets, and boots one time. at leat the day ended well then...

;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
THE ZIPPY CURSE CLUB

Can I be a member-

Went out last night, Stu coming round at 7.15am, still half cut from last night, had to negotiate the wife's car with tackle box, took the widest side of the driveway, guess what?
My box caught the house wall, I fell over, box gouges a 3 inch groove in the side of the car's paintwork..... "must have been the milkman luv icon_smile_cool.gif",,, "What, the milman does'nt come on a Sunday icon_smile_shock.gif" oops

Any paint sprayers out there ??

Dave

Edited by - Dave on 03 February 2002 10:02:29 PM

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Serves yourself right for letting the wife have a car.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
LOL Love it Malc and Dave!!!LOVE IT!
Thanks guys for sharing the disasters, I was getting Paranoid!

BUT You see how it balances!
2nd in section and 5 Pike!
2 damn good performances!

and who else have I fished with?

Larrys not had much Shimano luck?
Waynes been quiet for a week (except for some more good jokes)
John and Trog blanked on Tuesday!

Hell Geoff, I'm gonna empty Izaaks on Mar 30th, lol, be on my own at this rate!

I aint gonna wish you luck lads, it might turn out to be a curse lol

cya

Trev!

Ziptrev your resident alcoholic2.gif

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
THE ZIPPY CURSE

I read this thread about curses and I thought what a lot of nonsense, No such things as curses,

Had a really enjoyable days fishing yesterday. Set me up for work this morning perfectly.

Got all the money worked out for the move at the end of this week. Carpets organised, new curtains etc. Very litle spare cash but we are managing nicely thank you.

Arose this morning at 6 am, to be in work by 7.15. A quick look at the overnight postings on maggot drowning, then off to work. Only to find some god forsaken brain dead Welsh W***** had smashed the drivers side window. CDs lying in the car, a couple of pound in change, some fishing tackle in the boot, i.e. box with a lot of goodies and what does the welsh prat take. My oil filler cap. Boy am I glad the Irish stuffed the Welsh at Rugby yesterday.

A days holiday wasted to wait for the Autoglass man to come and take 130 pound I can ill afford at this time. Margaret, my other half, calls it SODS LAW.

Do me a great favour. Do not mention this b***** curse again.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Edited by - Geoff P on 04 February 2002 07:53:37 AM

scouse

'River Man'
HI Trev
please dont ask me to go fishing with you
i dont mind sending you c/ds, maps of the great lakes
in cavan anything you want as long its not fishing trip(LOL)

tightlines (scouse)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the problems with the site and forum lately.
We have recently upgraded the MySql server that the forum database is on in order for it to handle the ever increasing traffic that the forum is getting. Unfortunately these type of servers apart from being excellent compared to the others, are also the most temperamental and don't like change.
Consequently it has recently had a habit of toppling over. It shouldn't do and when stabilized it seems to run okay for a few days then throws another wobbler.
We now have the support team working on it to fix the problem once and for all as it is getting frustrating and annoying and hopefully everything should be back up to full strength and stable, fingers crossed. The site had to be closed down for a few hours whilst the final settings were made and the network checked.

Or was it: " do, do, do, do - The Zippy Curse ghost.gif " lol

Time to go fishing ><}}}'>

icon_smile_big.gif Dave

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc.

Hows this for member no 2.
Fished Porth reservoir in Cornwall a few years back on a scorching hot day.By the car park there is a small track into the woods with a step up that you walk down.Fished all day and was burnt to a crisp.Nothing to eat or drink as we can get fed when we get back to whiteacres.Anyway after a good days fishing packed up and walked behind my mate along the track back to the car.At the step he goes down and turns and says mind the step just as my foot gives way and i fall into a heap complete with all the sherpa gear around me rodbag,holdall and box lying in tatters.I just could not stop laughing until i stood up and then the pain took over.Could not get my boot off it had swollen so much.This is where the fun started.Newquay the nearest major town did not have an Xray dept but still decided to keep us there for an hour,no ambulance to take us to truro.So armed with a map off we went.By this time we were starving so chip shop here we come.Looks into the pockets and left the money in the caravan.no food for us.Into truro and we find 1 person with a cut finger in front of me.Not long here i thought.6 hours later and finally geting used to the wheelchair they decide i have fractured my ankle in two places.Plastered up and off we trot back for last orders and a onsite meal.Managed to fish the following days match and had to use the plastercast as a rod rest as it kept getting in the way.put a few fish together though and thoroughly enjoyed myself.As people say how can you break your ankle fishing.
Does this count as member no 2

Keith

scouse

'River Man'
HiTrev
we had a good chat last night,
when i went off line because daughter wanted
to use phone, what happened next
tried to get on maggot drowning
nothing the curse struck again gave up trying
at 11-30 LOL
hope you caught some pike m8
tightlines dave (scouse)

Larry

Lazarus
ziptrev.
I never gave it a thought my shimano bad luck was down to you,well let's lets take a vote lad's that are going to issaac.s on the 30th march we put him on one pool &we all goin fish the other's that way he can't pass anymore badluck on to us.

Cheer's Larry

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
icon_smile_approve.gif
OK,I'll take Troggy's bottom Pool!

and I'll be Good icon_smile_evil.gif

Match on!

icon_smile_big.gif

Trev

mrfish

When i started fishing in the middle of winter many years ago, i had just cast in and layed my rod down to pour a cup of tea, just as my rod got pulled into the water....a great big duck.
Without thinking i jumped in to retrieve it, wellies and snorkel coat, bloody cold....it ended my fishing trip and the duck got away unscathed....i now fish well away from any ducks.
I went sea fishing and as i lay my rod on the pier wall, a gust of wind blew my fod over the wall and all i could do is watch it bounce on the rocks below and sail out to sea.....it was a good rod and i still miss it..............The Zippy Curse has been going on a long time...lol icon_smile_big.gif

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
What about the spare spool that was lost last week? I picked up his holdall to put in the car, saw a peice of line and pulled. Out of the bottom pocket comes yards of line Oh whats in there say I, lo and behold a spool for his bait runner surfaces.

chill out go fishing

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Well! The curse don't work that way lol
I alaways have you wonderful people, to Pick up my lost, solve my problems , laugh with me at my misfortnes, carry my heavys, copy my softwares!, find my mislaid etc. It,s when I'm on my OWN disasters happen to me!
John, you found my overlooked spool!, but earlier , in setting up your rod, you also found a double split in your Tip Ring and horrendous line wear!! Unfishable!
BUT the BALANCE!
You were able to borrow a rod of mine to fish!, You discovered it in time to fix before our 2 day visit to Wraysbury this weekend!
Now that cant be bad.!

I thought I was poor 'cos I had no shoes, 'til I saw a man with no feet!'

June 25th redress balance No 569 lol

Trev

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hey lads!!!!
I'll take all the blame for now lol, BUT not before I've met you!

Hell if I told you some of those that happened to me, you wouldnt ever DARE meet me icon_smile_shock.gif

AND definitely no computer/server / software blame!
I can only just understanmd how to get here! let alone alter anything!

Or perhaps pressing the wrong things is why it crashes!??!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

CU later Lol

Edited by - Ziptrev on 06 February 2002 02:34:20 AM

waxlion1

Hi

I recon that Trev IS the local "jinx" I've only meet him once and since then I've worked 12 bloody hours a day!

It's all your fault Trev!...icon_smile_wink.gif

Waxlion1
hello.gif

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hey Waxy, think of the money icon_smile.gifHey everyone, Waxlion is in the chair when we meet up at the Northern Fish-in beer-toast1.gif , Cheers mate, mines a double icon_smile_big.gif

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.