The World Cup (positivity) thread

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Anyone think Belgium should be or should have been world beaters.
If they had a better Manager
Yes tucker i do, not sure its down to Martinez though is it? Don't you rate him?
Squad wise, the planets had seemed to align for them with the talent they have/had, Martinez could be the odd link perhaps then. Aging side now yes, but with that comes experience and you never know, that save from Courtois could just be a catalyst for something. I know we have never got any change out of them when it has mattered in the last few years.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Only a matter of time before Brazil score surely, most of the play been down the Serbia left flank, a sucker punch by Serbia just before the break would be as good as it is unlikely on the current way it is going.

Trent_Fisher

Yes tucker i do, not sure its down to Martinez though is it? Don't you rate him?
Squad wise, the planets had seemed to align for them with the talent they have/had, Martinez could be the odd link perhaps then. Aging side now yes, but with that comes experience and you never know, that save from Courtois could just be a catalyst for something. I know we have never got any change out of them when it has mattered in the last few years.
I think there time has come and gone, they should have been winning it in 2018 when they had almost their entire squad in their prime.

Looking at their team now it’s old and stretched thin, they started with Alderweireld and Vertonghen who are both past their best alongside Dendoncker who doesn’t play much for Villa since signing. Hazard and Witsel both getting on and with their best years behind them too.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wales come up short. :(

Going to make for one hell of a match against England on Tuesday night as Wales will have to give it everything to stand any chance.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh dear, how sad, never mind!!!!

1669378719461.png

Northantslad

'Any indications?
IF.......we win tonight and thus winning the group with a game to spare, then he must play an eleven against Wales made up of none of the players he expects to start in the second round imo.