the welsh one

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray

hiya dai, any chance of a map/directions to hazel court also any up-to-date info would be appreciated. thumbsup.gif

if you take it with you...take it home.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

MALC

Thats it Ray trying to get a jump on the rest of us

See you there.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ray,

I have checked with Dai, and I have agreed to make some posters to guide people to the fish in. I believe Dai is going to check out the best way from the M4.

The fishery is a couple of miles West of Cowbridge on the A48. If you look for a village called Llandow just south of the A48 and you will be close to it.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

ray

thanks geoff, got it.

malc, typical matchman.....allways suspicious of the opposition.

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi all, I hope to be able to put up more info with regard to how the place is fishing and what tactics are working best tomorow night, but in the meantime here are just a few pics of some of the fish that Ray Owen and I caught on our last trip there on 21/7/02.

my first ghost carp

Ray with a golden tench

Ray with his biggest carp of the day

Another ghost carp

Dai Fish

MALC

Dai,

It looks better with every picture.

Can't wait till the 23rd.

And going by the picture's above you had no WIND on your last trip.
Different to when i was down with Dirk.

Malc

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Malc, there were two big differences to when you were down with Dirk one was the wind the other is the fact that there are actually fish in this Welsh water lol

Dai Fish

ray

nice pics dai, cant wait.

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi, Some of you have asked for directions to Hazel Court, I have spent the last couple of days going over the pos routes and I will post what I think is the least complecated route, whilst on the map there appear to be shorter routes thay are a lot more complecated and much easyer to get lost.

From the North you want the M5 to J8 then take the M50 sign posted South Wales at the end of M50 you take the A40 through Monmouth then the A449 which will take you to J24 of the M4 take the M4 west to J35 when you come off the motorway bear left on to A473 you will be on this road for 3 miles ( go straight across first roundabout) at second roundabout bear left on to the A48 sign posted Cowbridge /Cardiff you are on this road for 3.5miles at aprox 3miles you will enter a village called Pentre Meyrick you take a right turn on to the B4268 sign posted Llantwit Major / Llandow the fishery is aprox 1 mile on the right just after a tight right hand bend.

From the East you dont need to follow the M5/M50 route (unless you are to tight to pay the toll on the Seven Bridge icon_smile_big.gif) just follow directions from M4.

From the West as above (except you dont have to cross Seven Bridge).

Waxy, from A470 you can either follow A470 to J32 of M4 then Westbound on M4 as above, or you can come off A470 at Trefforest and head for Church Village /Llantrisant /Talbot Green on A473 at Talbot Green turn left on to A4119 to J34 of M4 then as above.

These are in my opinion the best routes, if anyone wants the more complecated routes email me and I will send them to you.

Would all those of you that are definatly comeing to Wales please email me and I will then send you my phone no and my mobile no incase you need to contact me if you have any problems.

I am at present trying to find someone with a mobile food van to come to the fishery for Breakfast on Sat (if enough people are comeing on Friday night) and Sun and maybe in the evening on Sat so that we have access to hot food. The nearest pub is aprox 1 mile from the fishery. if I can not find a mobile food van I am sure we can arange to pick food up from a local take away on Sat night.

The fishery has male and female toilets (real ones) and you can buy cups of tea cans of pop and chocolate etc, the fishery dose not have a very good mobile phone signal you may have to move about and stand in a funny shape to be able to make and receive calls.

The fishery is fishing well at the moment and all the usual baits work although if you use Maggot or Caster you have to get through the many small Rudd/Golden Rudd (stunning little fish), I will give info on what methods are working best over the next week or two.

If anyone has any other questions I will do my best to answer them either on the forum or by email.

Dai Fish

MALC

Cheers Dai

Hope to be down around midday on the Friday as i'll leave Rugby when i finish work that morning.

Malc

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
I will look forward to seeing you then Malc

Dai Fish

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hi Dai,
Yep, I'm like MALC, comimg down on the friday, but later pm time.
Whats the 5.oo traffic like down near there.

Your big ugly grin in Grey's last post drove me out on friday, so I owe you one!
Save me a Golden Tench icon_smile_big.gif
(I seem to remember earlier posts, around January time when you never caught a fish" Now if its not 40lb bags its 60!)

Good on yer mate, love to see it and looking forward to sharing it!

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

ray

hiya dai, looking forward to it, gonna try and get there early on the sat morning.
thanks for the directions.
see ya all soon.

Larry

Lazarus
I'll be down saturday sometime depending on work .Keep my fingers.leg's &everything else crossed nothing else happen's to stop me coming.Email you nearer the 23rd

Cheer's Larry

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi all, I managed a few hours at Hazel Court with my son Daniel on sat afternoon only to find that the pond I wanted to fish (one of the ones we have got)was pretty full so we setled for the middle pond, this is the one with the biggest fish in it, I have to say Alegedly as all we caught from there were some small rudd and I tried everything, speaking to the owner later he told me that a lot of people were saying how hard it was to get bites on there lately so I was not on my own, Daniel got so boared at one point he had a swim, he did not know he was going to until he hit the water mind you. The one problem I see with this fishery is because of the natural banks if there is much rain it can get very slippery (nearly as slippery as Geoff when its his turn to buy a round) and if you slip on the bank you get a free swim, Daniel said the water was warm if thats a consolation.

For the last hour and a half we managed to get on to the bottom pond were the fishing was much better I had watched a good number of fish comeing out, mainly carp but some nice tench around the lilly pads, we managed two fish each I have posted the pics as another taster

My first waighed in at 7.4lb

Daniels first at 6.15lb

my second a little smaller at just about 5lb

And this is what Daniel thought of his second

So Daniel had a swim and a snog with a common -ar- (carp) all in the same day cant be bad, all the fish were taken on sweetcorn.

I spoke to the owner about the other pond that we have for the fish-in which is the Match pond which is a silver fish water and that there are some very nice fish in there and is very worthwhile fishing it. hopefuly I will have some more info in a day or two.

Dai Fish

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice ones Dai icon_smile.gif

Looking forward to the weekend

Can we bring keepnets?

Regards, Dave

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Dave, that is a question I have forgoten to ask, I know that thay use them in matches so I will see what I can do, I will let you know soon

Dai Fish

Larry

Lazarus
hi lad's i'm afraid i can't make the fish next weekend.my car won't be ready in time going to take past then for the part to come from Citreon. So my fishin hoodoo strikes again. i'm really pi--ed off with my seemingly unending bad luck concerning the fishin's & car problem's. And i got a lot of new shiny shimano rod's &reel's i was loking forward to using Nae mind i woke up this morning so that's got to be good.

Cheer's Larry

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hope to see you all Sat AM,I shall kip in the car saturday night as i dont possess asleeping bag or bedchair,let alone a bivvy.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

martin.

Account Locked
hi peter
i have spare bivie you can use for w/e if you want to i
shall be bringing it along anyway

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Status
Not open for further replies.