the welsh fishin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray

hiya all wave.gif

My welsh fishin started with a 3 hour traffic nightmare on the m6 followed by another on the m4.

Jan and I arrived at about 5:30 ish, after the initial greetings from friends old and new i/we added my bivvy to maggotville.

Went for a walk around the lakes and was very impressed, good banks, clean, lots of features and fish coming out.

Beer was opened and the banter began, dave the fish arrived followed by pj and mandy (waxylion) and stu rang to say he was on his way (and not to go to the pub without him)

Once everybody was sorted it was off to the pub for a couple then back to maggotville for a few more, the entertainment was in true maggotdrowners style, plenty of laughs had by all.

After a good nights kip, we awoke to rain, it had peed down all night (I never heard it [:D] )

After brew and brekky it was off to get a peg and get set up.

Fishing was not hectic but everybody caught, think the biggest fish was around the 10lb mark.

My first fish made my w/end, a ghostie, just what I wanted for the fishing race, after getting smashed a few times (16 elastic and .17 powerline straight through) I managed a nice plump common.

Jan also got smashed a few times (black hydro bottomed out) but got herself a couple of nice fish including a common of 8.4lbs.

Top marks go to stus lad (Daniel) who managed to get himself a few hundred fish, yes, not a typing mistake, a few hundred.

Well in danny.

After a meal we all gathered at maggotville for a beer or two (just for a change)

What can I say, everybody was on form, the banter was in true maggotdrowners style, the conversation was excellent, a good time was had by all (I think) (mandy for president)

After a nights kip I managed a couple of hours fishing (and got trashed again) then it was time to call it the end, so after packing up and saying my goodbyes I was gone.

Brilliant weekend, thanks to dai and geoff thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif till next folks.

Ray.

p.s. will post some photos when i've sorted them.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Having just recovered from the toils of yet another fish-in I will add my threepennyworth.

I arrived at Hazel Court at about 10 Friday morning. A couple of lads from Brynmill AC in Swansea were already in attendance and catching.

I spent an hour chatting to Cliff, the owner then took my car round the lake to unload.

Gradually the rest of the "fish=inners" arrived, most of them complaining about the trafic.

The guys in attendance at one time or another over the weekend were:

Myself, Daifish and Daniel, Stu and Daniel, Ray and Janet, Larry, Hector and his mate Owen,Dave the Fish and mate Colin, PJ and Wayne (AKA Mandy) with cuddly companion!!!, Ray Owen, Brian and Michael (from Brynmill). Beebs paid us a visit on the Sunday morning, to meet a few of the lads and for a general nose.

On the Saturday I fished a corner swim, with pole and 16 elastic set tight, with 6lb line, close to lilly pads and managed 5 fish all day. 1 tench, 2 common and 2 ghosties. I was snapped countless times during the day. I will let Stu detail the consequences of me fishing in that corner.
A ghostie of about 5 lbs.

Datafile4.asp

The Sunday was spent more with chatting than fishing and watching various "fish-inners" catching their personal bests.

Come 6 o closk I made my getaway.

Thank you lads, and Janet, for a cracking weekend, I think Dai and myself both agree it was one of the best "Fish-ins" we have attended. The company was excellent, as always, and I look forward to the next one.

As I was leaving I had a quick chat with Cliff the owner. He hoped every one had a good time and mentioned what a great crowd you were. (I think he was feeling tired[:D])

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

True friends are like good books. You don't always use
them but you know where they are when you need them.

Fishing Venues

ray

Datafile4.asp

my ghostie

Datafile4.asp

janet with a common

Datafile4.asp

well in larry, not one drop spilt.

ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

waxlion1

The Welsh Fish-in was, IMHO, one of the best. It was great to meet up with all the MD mad-men (and women), seeing Geoff, Dai fish, Daniel, Dave the fish, Stu, Daniel, ray, Larry, colin, Beebs, Hector and the rest of the motley crew was BRILLIANT!

Thanks for the experience [:I]

I hope to see everyone very soon and I hope you all had a safe journey home [:D]

P.S. Stu, Putting your flag on the island was not my idea, I plead the 5th amendment! Oh and don't believe everything you hear, I always get the blame!

Waxlion1
fox_with_sheep_md_clr.gif

Last edited:
G

Nice one M/Ders,

Larry spill his Caffrey's, no way, LoL, the only place that goes is down the hatch.

Great to see the fish ins going from strength to strength.

Datafile4.asp

Andy,
Datafile4.asp

Apache

Looks like a good time was had by all. I'll be joining you next year

Tight Lines,
Matt

Datafile4.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.comPinkieDrowner's Forum (Under 18's only) - http://www.maggotdrowning.com/younguns

Larry

Lazarus
I'll add my say now got there about 11.45 am on friday after an uneventful journey sailed through done it in about 2hrs. Met by Geoff
Dai was there,also Brian &his mate

Didn't fish friday went up the pub on the night for a few bevvies &a meal with Stu &Daniel Geoff . Dave Ray&Janet. thanks Dave for the lift up to the pub . then back to gathering around Dai;s tent for the beer& normal md p---taking got up early sat morn

Tried the float on the inside only one bite got smashed up.nothing on carp rod .So went on the feeder about 1.00pm was soon into a mirror carp i estimated about 10 lb's . Then a large skimmer about a pound .Had another mirror weighed in at 8lbs .Then a large ghostie about 8lbs again Then almost straight on carp rod a common about 6 lbs.

Time to pack up to go up the pub . for a meal & a fewpints with Stu&Daniel&Geoff, . thanks to PJfor driving us to the pub & fetching us back in my car back again to start after to start drinking again this time outside Rays tent where i fell asleep after 2 can;s of Caffreys 1 can of lager 1can of bud. The reason i fell asleep was i was P----ed after try to keep up with Stu at the pub.

Your right Toma the only Caffrey's i spilt was down my neck.Got up early again Sunday i only caught one fish all day a small ghostie but enjoyed watching others catching.

Finished off going to pub again sunday night just for a meal & 2 bottles of bittburger non alcohol beer.said our good byes to everyone during sunday last to go was Dai &Daniel. had few beers with Stu&Daniel Then to bed for an early start home on monday morning.

Just like to thank Dai again for organising another very successful Maggotgrowning fishin i really enjoyed myself & thankeveryone who attended for making it a bl--dy good time.

Can't wait for the next 2 fishin's Trent's next . I'll try &post the pics of the fish i caught tommorow.

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Well my turn now.

My day started at 3am on Friday morning I came round to find 3 ambulance people in my bedroom shouting "Wake up Dave". Sh1t Ive had a diabetic hypoglycemia attack. Well a glucose injection, bottle of lucozade and several biscuits later they leave and I get back to sleep.
By the time I get up Colin (my friend) and I decide to leave a little later than planned. Right get the car out key in ingnition, turn key --- NOTHING ---. Jump start drive to local shop and got battery checked. No problem was the answer. Car then starts perfectly.
After checking all over to see if that bl--dy red teddy has sneaked into my life and jinxed us we set off. Some heavy traffic and 5 and 1/2 hours later we arrive at Hazel Court to be met by Geoff with a pint in his hand walking up the middle of the path. I decided not to
run him over as that would be a waste of beer. Introductions over, put up bivvies and adjurn to the pub.
Saturday morning set up next to Brian and decide to fish the method feeder-- never used it before. 2nd cast I land this 8lb carp this is easy!!!
Datafile4.asp

Well to cut a long story short had another 4 fish 7 1/2lb 6 1/2lb 5lb and 4lb

Datafile4.asp

This must be one of the best looking fish I have ever caught
Datafile4.asp

Had a good laugh at Geoff wading into the weedbed to recover his top 3. After packing away and cooking some food we sat round Rays tent for a few beers and loads of chat.

Following morning feel like a change of swim and plonk my gear next to Wayne ( Waxlion ) I take a poll of everyone to find out if this is a good move -- get the answer that it isnt --- but stay there anyway.
It turns out I should have taken everyones advice as the fish didnt want to know, still I dont think I was trying too hard, found it good to wander round chatting. Still Colin did catch a few from the swim Geoff fished the day before including this nice fish.
Datafile4.asp

What a great weekend. Thanks to Dai and Geoff for organising and everyone for being so friendly to two complete strangers.

I dont know anywhere else you could travel over 200 miles to meet a dozen people you have never seen before and within 1/2 hour feel like you have known them for years.

Would I do it again ? YOU BET I WOULD

Almost forgot

WELL DONE DANNY

Dave

Last edited:

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Sorry for the late reply but I am only just recovering from the weekend. I am realy glad that you all had a good time and that everyone caught fish and some real nice ones at that, I was well out fished by my son Daniel yet again (I will post some pics when I can remember how to download them).

I had a long conversation with Cliff before I left for home and he was well pleased that everyone had enjoyed the weekend and he said that we are welcome back anytime.

Thanks to everyone who came along and helped make this a weekend I will remember for a long time

Dai Fish
wales.gif
every day when I wake up I thank the lord I'm Welsh

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by dave the fish

What a great weekend. Thanks to Dai and Geoff for organising and everyone for being so friendly to two complete strangers.

Dave,

Daifish organised the fish-in, I was just his secretary, (and yes great job Dai, again).

Apparently that job has now gone since he saw my legs after my paddle.

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

Fishing Venues

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Your job is safe Geoff, I have a saying, Better the grumpy old git you know than a secretary with legs up to her arm pits that cant type lol

Dai Fish
wales.gif
every day when I wake up I thank the lord I'm Welsh

waxlion1

Sod it lads, I'll do my own typing and keep the secretary with the legs! (as long as it's 4 legs and some wool!)

Waxlion1
fox_with_sheep_md_clr.gif

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
All Reet
At last I am on line again had a few troubles ith N.T.L.
Thanks to Dai & Geoff Great Weekend

The young un had a great time, thanks for making him feel Welcome.
Datafile4.asp

Dave and Colin nice to meet you and Hector.

Geoff oh those photos[:D]

[B)][B)][B)]Waxy you are a dead man!!!!!!!!!!!!![B)][B)][B)]

Stu
an14.gif

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by Stu

Geoff oh those photos[:D]

Stu
an14.gif

[:I][:I]Ooops[:I][:I]

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

Fishing Venues

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Stu,
What a cracking photo of Danny,
Sums up what it's all about.[:D]

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.