The Welsh Dee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Just been told that this year's Water Industry National Championships is on The Welsh Dee.

I'm getting some more details regarding the sections next month hopefully but I was just wondering
(a) Where is it? (I'm presuming its the same river that flows through Chester)
(b) Whats it like? (The match is early September and I'd like an idea of what we're likely to catch)

Any information at all would be useful

Tight Lines

Simon

john83

Account Locked
yep it`s the same river that flows through chester, depends which stretch you are fishing, but expect dace, roach & small chub.

you most likely won`t catch anything over 12oz, some stretches have some decent bream up to a couple of pound, i usually fish the waggler or maggot feeder, can be a pretty deep river in parts.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Just found out some more information about this:

We're fishing in Chester on the keft bank of the river (The Welsh Bank) between The Meadows and Ecclestone.

Does anyone have any idea what we're likely to catch in early September?

Tight Lines

Simon

mtwales

Hi

I fish Eccleston ferry quite a lot, cast two thirds of the way across River. Feeder best either filled with maggots or hemp based ground bait, expect to catch Roach, Dace and if plenty of feed put in the odd two to three pound Bream.

Also, fish inside line lobworm or red maggot for big Perch. Waggler worth a try but River is tidal and sometimes boats can be a problem at weekends.

Best pegs on the stretch are drive down to end of ferry look left, and pegs are about 100 yards up, past the sandbank.

Mike

mjtrow

Simon R

Site Supporter
Thanks for the information you've given me so far. I'm wondering if anybody's fished the river recently?

What sort of depth and width is it likely to be? I assume if its tidal it'll fairly slow flowing most of the time.

I was thinking of setting up a few pole rigs for fishing down the side - would a couple of grammes be about right?

Any information would be handy

Tight Lines

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.