The weir pool of my Dreams

tysontim

Site Supporter
Know the Anchor well mate! So far I've only fished the canal and had my first canal Chub from there. I was a canal angler with my Junior club too. Years of trying for a Chub on the canal on a caster line on the far bank and never had anything even on the renowned stretches like Swindon and Womborne. Never saw a Chub get caught in Junior matches. Although I know they are there, especially now. So that's one place I'll be going after lockdown, the Staffs/Worcs canal for Chub. And of course the Stour.
Is the Stew Pony pub still open mate been a few years since I been in there, family used to own some land up the road from there in the dip at prestwood.
Also there is a pool opposite the island pool pub, used to be private but I walked round a few times supposed to be some proper tench in there apparently

Zerkalo

The Stewponey pub has closed down I think but it's still known as the Stewponey around there. I've not been to the Island Pool pub but will have to, according to google maps there's a pool opposite called Island Pool but I can't find any info about fishing. I will have to have a look when lockdown is over. We are basically spoiled for the amount of fishing around here, a tench lake would top it off. I want to fish Dudmaston Hall for Tench but it's on a Kinver Freeliners ticket and the waiting list for that club takes ages.

tysontim

Site Supporter
You have some great waters around that area mate I’ve fished them all in years gone by.
Unwicks Farm, Cob House, Jam Factory Moorlands, Pool Hall, Townsend Farm plus the Severn the Teme, and the Lugg just to name a few.
I do really miss a lot of the fisheries up that way but I’m finding new places here all the time so can’t complain.
Tight Lines buddy.

Zerkalo

That adds to a list I need to try mate. I think there must be 20 within half an hour drive. I'm still learning of new ones and haven't even fished half of the ones I do know about!

tunna

You have some great waters around that area mate I’ve fished them all in years gone by.
Unwicks Farm, Cob House, Jam Factory Moorlands, Pool Hall, Townsend Farm plus the Severn the Teme, and the Lugg just to name a few.
I do really miss a lot of the fisheries up that way but I’m finding new places here all the time so can’t complain.
Tight Lines buddy.

HIYA Mate, where ya moved to ???, do you still keep in touch with Mr Chance ??

tysontim

Site Supporter
I moved up to the east coast mate, I ain’t heard from him for ages. How’s he doing,do you still get out fishing with them.
Last I heard Ozzy had the club is that right.

tunna

Im in a different club, have not seen any of them, since October, i bumped into them in Julies cafe, (were i first met you, after talking to you on Talk angling !!!.) we were fishing Hawford bridge, they were going Jam factory if i remember right. I saw the other brother Paul Chance the ex boxer a couple of months ago at a funeral. All the best mate