The Weather - Rain Cold, more Rain, Strong Winds, Colder...

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
Nice and dry and calm here for tonights Barbel session on the Derwent. River falling and should have a bit less colour than yesterday hopefully.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I was out from friday to monday morning in the rain... wassa matter with you... ya bunch of fairies :p
Just like us Northerners, put a jumper on over tee shirt if blowing a gale and go fishing.
Not like some southerners who go out looking like Nanook of the North in a slight breeze. ?

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
When I go piking its jeans and a t shirt with a light jacket over the top ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Just like us Northerners, put a jumper on over tee shirt if blowing a gale and go fishing.
Not like some southerners who go out looking like Nanook of the North in a slight breeze. ?

Strong wind doesn’t overly bother me from the cold point of view although it is unpleasant it’s more that it makes fishing particularly on rivers proper awkward. I’ll fight with it occasionally on a nice warm day but cba to fight with it when I’m cold doing so. I also despise it from the many sea fishing trips I’ve had cancelled or at least cut short by it as well ☹️

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Strong wind doesn’t overly bother me from the cold point of view although it is unpleasant it’s more that it makes fishing particularly on rivers proper awkward. I’ll fight with it occasionally on a nice warm day but cba to fight with it when I’m cold doing so. I also despise it from the many sea fishing trips I’ve had cancelled or at least cut short by it as well ☹
I used to have a water resistant golf jumper I would put on when windy, it cut a lot of the wind out and was less bulky than a fleece,

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
That sounds good. I don’t like bulky stuff so tend to layer up instead which doesn’t have the same wind beating effect yet gets you too warm at times lol

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
That sounds good. I don’t like bulky stuff so tend to layer up instead which doesn’t have the same wind beating effect yet gets you too warm at times lol
Try sports direct golfing section, they also do waterproof trousers and short jackets,

rudd

Site Supporter
...but will it stop you fishing?

At what point do you say "forget it" leave the tackle where it sits and pick up the telly remote, or do something else ?
Was down in Cornwall and yes it did stop me as had LRF gear and going on rocks was a no no!
Surf was also blown out although swells were big messing up body boarding!
Nkw home and fishing tomorrow.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wasnt tooooooo bad after all

any rain had ceased before the draw

and the peg I got had the wind coming over my right shoulder,

was worth going in the end though I did have to put a hoody on first time this Autumn

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Been a fairly unpleasant day here so glad I didn’t fish but will be on the bank tomorrow given the lack of wind that’s forecast. Weather did improve eventually today though so had a couple pints with a view instead of the fishing ??
1598811180640.jpeg

62tucker

Site Supporter
Been lovely up here compared to yesterday. Caravan door been open from 10 am and still open now.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Forecast for sept is another spell of warm weather, but I'll take that with a pinch of salt....

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Looking good for tomorrow, an open at Tunnel barn farm, ( not proper fishing though, just a match ) ??

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Forecast for sept is another spell of warm weather, but I'll take that with a pinch of salt....

It’s already slipping, when I looked at next weekend a couple days ago it was showing 22 yet now it’s showing 20, hope it doesn’t drop any further ?

JLK

Was about 5 degrees here this morning at 5:30. Another beautiful summers day. It looked like my car had just defrosted inside and out. T-shirt weather for us Yorkshire lads and another Sunday scratching for bites on the local over stocked commercial. ??