The Weather - Rain Cold, more Rain, Strong Winds, Colder...

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Where do you live Gary, I say that because apart from July and this week, it's been good in East Yorkshire since the start of lock down?

Only about 20 miles north of me I believe and by general consensus we’ve had it pretty good around here save for the last couple weeks and the odd couple day spell in July, who knew weather could be so subjective!

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
And down here on the Littorus Saxonicus its been proper warm for a fair while,

had better part of a month with temps above 25 degrees up to 35 degres, therest of the time in the 20's and little rain since march-april

for the beach lovers its been great, not so good for the fishing with the sun so bright

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Heard it was nice on the beaches down there,so nice they come from far and wide ☺

reason they come, this year the narrow sea has been unusually calm, been hardly a blow or chop on its silver surface

though they dont stay long being as you in the north offer far better 4 star accomodation than they get here

davylad

Like I've said before, if I'm going fishing whether it be a match or pleasure. I'm going, end of, the weather doesn't come into it. If it's blowing a gale in your face on one bank, it's likely to be over your back on the other.

Zerkalo

Shanklin in the Isle of Wight where my brother lives at least at one point laid claim to being the sunniest climate in the UK but I think it's fell behind other places on the south coast. I always think Coventry and Warwickshire always seem to be sunny to me but probably not. And after all that rain yesterday my dad said he drove past the Worcs Stour Weir this morning and it looked 'fishable' but I'm going to wait till tomorrow anyway.

rd350lc

I don’t know about you Dave, but I’m sick of this weather, we’ve had no summer !!??but it won’t stop me fishing
Correct , it's been rubbish .
The colour of my lawns tell me how bad it's been .
Global warming my ar$e , was 12 degrees at 11am today , might as well be a mild winters day .

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
It’s really beautiful here 19 degrees, slight drizzle, 15 mph winds, were so lucky to have such wonderful summers in this country

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It has certainly been a shower of sh*te the last fortnight with the last couple days even worse, turned into October the last few days ☹️

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
this sundays forecast

thurs was sunny spells light wind

fri, cloudy with fresh breeze

sat, light rain showers with fresh breeze

cant wait for later till it changes again, still Im booked on a team match so out with the wetproofs

rd350lc

It’s really beautiful here 19 degrees, slight drizzle, 15 mph winds, were so lucky to have such wonderful summers in this country
I always thought you were localis chef ? didn't realise you lived in Torquay , 19 degrees ? You sitting next to a fire lol ?

Zerkalo

The nights are much longer now too. Last week I was fishing it was dark at 8pm. This morning I have woke up early to get my spot and it's now 5.30am and I'm still sat here waiting for it to get light.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Love it (y) if they cant Build it i cant plaster it, Just a shame about the Holidays abroad situation, but hey ya can have it all :cool::cool:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
40mph winds now and chucking down till mid morn

gotta be out my head

Dry here but higher winds than temperatures so I’ve pulled out of today’s session as it’s no fun in conditions like that. Going to go tomorrow when the winds apparently going to be next to non existent ??

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Weekend working :eek::eek::eek: For Free :eek::eek::eek: Mates daughter recently Divorced moving into a flat and needs a van and Driver so fishing Next weekend (y)(y)

nejohn

Site Supporter
Sunny and dry here, but I will give it a miss today, I fished yesterday and sat with the wind on my back all day, woke up this morning with a very stiff back, so looks like a day in the house watching the cricket and on the bank again tomorrow