The Weather - Rain Cold, more Rain, Strong Winds, Colder...

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I class 25-30 degrees and hot and sunny as summer, where as you class dry and not raining or windy as summer 🤷‍♂️

Well still has to be the right side of 20 but yeah I’m a realist we do live in England. If I can wear a t shirt comfortably that’s summery enough by our crappy climates standards lol. I do agree we don’t get enough in that mid 20s range that our summers are supposed to be, seems to scrape over 20 or be too hot over 30.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Looks alright this weekend? Quite mild but dry at least. Rain tomorrow so river will be up but still fancy the Severn on Saturday for Barbel and the Weir on Sunday.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Looks alright this weekend? Quite mild but dry at least. Rain tomorrow so river will be up but still fancy the Severn on Saturday for Barbel and the Weir on Sunday.

I reckon even our rivers might be up by now. Be interesting to see come Sunday when this current rubbish will have apparently stopped.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I reckon even our rivers might be up by now. Be interesting to see come Sunday when this current rubbish will have apparently stopped.

As long as the Severn isn't too bad I reckon it will still be fishable when it's up on Saturday... but the little River Stour near me will be unfishable until Sunday I reckon but it only takes a night or two of dry weather for it fall.

Edit - Just seen rain ALL DAY tomorrow. Might put the Severn out for Saturday...

Last edited:

PJ Rothwell

Site Supporter
I think it must come down to regional variations, it was around 30c for a good few days only a few weeks back, much better in my location (way up north in Northamptonshite) this year than last!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
As long as the Severn isn't too bad I reckon it will still be fishable when it's up on Saturday... but the little River Stour near me will be unfishable until Sunday I reckon but it only takes a night or two of dry weather for it fall.

It has been a funny year for river levels hasnt it. Flooded near permanently back end of last season then very low first couple weeks of the season after the warm May and in the hot back end of June then pretty spot on through the decent July then very low again after the hot early August now shooting up big time by summer standards in these late August downpour. Hopefully after all this we’re getting now it’ll be fairly dry in September and October or we’ll get the same constant flooding from autumn onwards as last year.

it was around 30c for a good few days only a few weeks back, much better in my location (way up north in Northamptonshite) this year than last!

Yeah really can’t complain about the hand dealt here certainly been more good days than bad until this month which is all you can really ask for with the notorious British weather lol

PJ Rothwell

Site Supporter
It's been quite warm in this neck of the woods in this month, if a tad windy;
125°
223°
322°
423°
525°
627°
735°
830°
931°
1032°
1133°
1234°
1324°
1419°
1519°
1624°
1722°
1824°
1920°
2023°
2123°
2222°
2322°
2423°
2522°
2622°

Reuben

Site Supporter
Just another Summer in Scotland. Nothing like a strong wind & driving rain for keeping the midgies at bay. Certainly tests the quality of your brolly & waterproofs!

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Having had a somewhat trying week in work thus far then unless there’s six foot of snow down I will be on the bank of the Medway at 6am Saturday morning on a roach quest.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
this coming sunday, out fishing an interclub match Cinque Ports v Wantsum AC at scroggins lake over to chislet (fishing for Wantsum)

6th sept, out fishing another Interclub, Cinque ports v Rye AC on the river Rother at Iden, (fishing for Cinque ports)

between the 6th and 12th, at least two practices on another stetch of the Rother before the big one of the year

13th sept, Kent Championships at Newbridge on the river rother fishing for the Individual and Veterans cups and associated Glory !

20th sept, Cinque ports club league match on the RMC in hythe

busy old boy !!!!

goretex is gonna get a work out

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Apart from a short spell in May it’s been sh*te up north. I WILL NOT fish when it’s like today.

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
I’ve just been out and done a click & collect on an Argos nelly 20 minutes ago.

One with the sides / shelter type one that pegs into the floor like a bivvy, I’m getting out tomorrow I don’t care if there’s a hurricane 😁

Last edited:

Sam Vimes

Summer in North Yorkshire was from May to early June. It has been very hit and miss since. However, the last couple of weeks have been pretty poor. The local rivers have been up and down like a yo-yo. Just as they approach normal levels, we get another load of rain. It's starting to tick me off.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I do feel for you guys in the north every time I see the weather forecast and it’s nice down here and poo up there, like two different countries lol

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I class 25-30 degrees and hot and sunny as summer, where as you class dry and not raining or windy as summer 🤷‍♂️

You need to emigrate Gazza.................was that too subtle ? :D:D