The Weather - Rain Cold, more Rain, Strong Winds, Colder...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
...but will it stop you fishing?

At what point do you say "forget it" leave the tackle where it sits and pick up the telly remote, or do something else ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Well I won’t fish in proper wind, very cold or heavy rain, that’s just uncomfortable apart from that I don’t mind less than idyllic weather. Overcast, still and warm is fishing perfection though 👍🏻

We had mostly good weather from May through July then August started off ok ish so can’t complain too much about what we’ve been getting the last couple weeks. Looks better Saturday onwards as well.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Weather is rubbish and has been since may/June
We’ve had about 3 heat waves in that time! I honestly think it’s been a pretty decent summer apart from wind although guess that might have been exaggerated for me as was off work the whole time so I was always free for the good days lol

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah but what you and I class as a good summer is obviously totally different, so I’m still saying it’s rubbish
I’m just realistic with my expectations of the British weather lol. If it’s been over 20 and dry more days than it’s not like it has been I class that as pretty good. A 5 month proper summer averaging mid 20s like we had in 2018 are the exception rather than the rule lol

squimp

Site Supporter
Im fishing on Sunday - forecast is bang on.

This week has been great -lots of rain to cool the lakes and flush through the rivers. Autumn is on the way.

i agree with Chefster -the weather has been rubbish for weeks.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
[/QUOTE]

It has been poor this month but from what we had in May, June and July I think to expect much better with any regularity you might need to emigrate 😂

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
I shall like a bit of rain for Barbel fishing so i can fish a coloured and falling river but the rain can clear off for pike season :mad:

Arch

Site Supporter
Been soaked to the skin twice this week, including today. Was going tonight, but my enthusiasm has waned.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Im fishing on Sunday - forecast is bang on.

This week has been great -lots of rain to cool the lakes and flush through the rivers. Autumn is on the way.

Silver fisher wouldn’t agree with me if I said it has been tropical 🤷‍♂️

nejohn

Site Supporter
I spent an hour in the shed this afternoon sorting some kit out so I can just grab it and go as soon as we ge a break in this rain, it has been horrible today and the forecast is no better for tomorrow, I don't mind a bit of rain but not when it is absolutely hosing down. Hopefully I will get out a couple of times in the next 4 or 5 days

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I was out from friday to monday morning in the rain... wassa matter with you... ya bunch of fairies :p