The weather and closed season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
I read an article a while ago that said the timing of the seasons
weatherwise has changed over the last 20 years and that spring type weather was arriving 3 weeks earlier than it used to and Autumn arrives 3 weeks earlier. Do you think this affect fish breeding and when the closed season should be?

Stephen
http://uk.geocities.com/fishingforpleasureuk/

wilsmaboy

Given that seasons tend to all blend into one nowadays its hard to tell when one stops and another starts. I'm sure this does have an impact on fish breeding cycles.

The issue of a closed season is still a concern for a lot of people. However, given that most commercial waters are open all year round, many canals allow fishing during the closed season, and its mainly the rivers that are closed, I don't really see any reason to change things as they are.

If you want to fish a river in the closed season go to Ireland - its getting cheaper to travel to Ireland by air these days than it is to go to London by train ( for me anyway ). So there are, basically, options for everybody.[:D]

Steve Wilson

crusty

Hi Stephen,
The change in the seasons must affect fish breeding, they don't know the date they just go off what is happening around them.
I think there should be a close season of some sort on every "natural" fishery, and common sense applied by commercial waters.
Wheather it should be March 15 to June 16 I don't know, I guess it should be debated, and maybe a few pilot schemes.

crusty

Status
Not open for further replies.