the war is starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

chub

the americans and british have started destroying saddams air defences [:D] so hopefully the invasion will not be to far away i bet them nutters who have gone to live in that power station are bricking themselves? [:D] lets hope that saddam will soon be [xx(]

i love catching chub

Last edited:

norm

ohhhhhhhh ****

whatch out for those terrorists

Last edited:

norm

it was on the radio and people at work are talking about it

norm

US unveils aggressive strategy against Iraq

The no-fly zones are not sanctioned by the United Nations
Senior officials at the Pentagon say US and British forces have been attacking Iraqi military installations in an aggressive shift in strategy in the no-fly zones over the country.
The strikes, which are being seen as a further stage in the preparation for war, have focused on rocket launchers and other weapons in the south which could be used against Allied troops if an invasion were to take place.

The no-fly zones - which have never been sanctioned by the United Nations - were imposed by the US, Britain and France after the 1991 Gulf War, in what was described as a humanitarian effort to protect Shia Muslims in the south and Kurds in the north.

Downing Street insisted however that its pilots were continuing to act in a defensive not offensive capacity - and that their actions were sanctioned by the United Nations.

"They respond to threats they encounter," said the prime minister's spokesman.

News of the strikes came on the heels of warnings by Iraq that it would cease co-operation with weapons inspectors if the US continued to move towards war without the backing of the United Nations.

No fly-zones
Established 1991 by US, France, Britain
France no longer participates
No explicit UN backing
Baghdad says hundreds of civilians have died in attacks

The legal position of no-fly zones
Over the weekend Iraq started dismantling its al-Samoud II missiles, as demanded by the UN, while on Monday, officials said Baghdad would produce a detailed report before 10 March on what happened to its stocks of anthrax and VX agent.

The declaration is likely to be submitted after chief weapons inspector Hans Blix delivers his own report to the UN on Iraqi compliance, but before the Security Council votes on a resolution put forward by the US, UK and Britain which lays the groundwork for war.

coppied from the bbc news web site

Trevski

Heh, a bit better than I got. [:)]

Teach me for using Sky News, eh? [;)]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/img]

chub

why not drop an a-bomb on bagdad ? and you no why the french dont want a war it is because they have signed a deal with saddam for his oil .

i love catching chub

Last edited:

DDM

Danny
Yeah but now the turks dont wana let us use them to kick saddam and his men[:(] so we cannot fight a 2 front war i think now bush and blair will pull out

DDM[:D]

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
quote:Originally posted by norm

The legal position of no-fly zones
Over the weekend Iraq started dismantling its al-Samoud II missiles, as demanded by the UN, while on Monday, officials said Baghdad would produce a detailed report before 10 March on what happened to its stocks of anthrax and VX agent.

That has to be the most amazing coincidence one could imagine. [:0]

Here old SH was supposed to do those things in 1991.

And he just happens to decide to do them some 12 years (or 14 depending on when you start the clock) later at the same time the US & UK gear up to clobber him some. [xx(] [xx(]

Go figure. [?]

[^] [^] [^]

Newt Vail

fishfinger

i see the people who went on the london bus to be a human sheld have turned around and are on the way back when thay found out that thay were going to be put near the power plants and not the people of iraq,funny how some people can change their minds

chub

the war cannot be far off now as b52 bombers are setting up camp at raf fairford and there is a possibility that the b2 stealth bomber could be based there as well all within easy reach of baghdad might be a good time to do a bit of plane spotting ?[:D]

i love catching chub

splodger

Just seen a video of Iraqi soldiers sitting on cars waving their kalashnikovs about.
They dont know whats coming their way!

SPLODGER

mike s

Most of the Iraqi army would be waving white flags & the rest of the population waving "welcome liberators" banners if Hussein's thugs weren't keeping them in line by threats & executions of dissenters.
We should all remember that SADDAM & his regime are the problem & NOT the people of IRAQ-who are the likely victims whatever happens.

Cumbria Angling Centre

martin.

Account Locked
well surly with todays information network & all these special forces the different countries have then it should be possible to send a small squad in to just terminate SH & his main generals
would this not stop the hassle quicker & with less civilian
casualties

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

The Witness

Why not solve all the problems by organising a fishing match between George Bush and Saddam.
Save the loss of innocent lives and the expenditure on all that military hardware.
Highest weight wins Kuwait.Largest fish on the day wins Iraqi Petroleum or Exxon.
Pegs will be drawn under UN supervision;jokers will be banned.
Any suggestions for a venue?
Richard.

norm

so would poles be allowed then

and what about peghopping

Status
Not open for further replies.