The Vehicles you Would Buy

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Been on another internetty site www.silodrome

must admit my tounge was hanging out looking at the machinery on there

Well, Ive won the Lottery tonight and perchance feel a tad generous being as ive trousered 117 million squids so Im now in a position to buy my ultimate Car, van or motorcycle

I quite fancy as a overland truck type camper, so the Merc MOWOG is on the list, it goes everywhere and anywhere, get the body fitted out by a custom van shop

motorcycle wise, been greedy and gone for two, a Laverda jota 1000, and a early Harley XS 750 flatrack, prob end up killing myself, but hey what a way to go

Stymied by the car though, Dreams would be an AC Cobra,but thats plain daft that would deffo kill me, so Ive gone for a Custom Moggy 1000 pick up, wooden back bed, fat wide cobraslots, bigger engine (1275 or a fiat twin cam) upgraded brakes, etc, and a good stereo

if you was in the same boat

ooow boat, one of them speedyboats that they make on lake como and a 30ft double hulled catameran fishing boat

again if you was in the same boat, kin rich with no more cares

whats yours ?

Dusty

Been on another internetty site www.silodrome

must admit my tounge was hanging out looking at the machinery on there

Well, Ive won the Lottery tonight and perchance feel a tad generous being as ive trousered 117 million squids so Im now in a position to buy my ultimate Car, van or motorcycle

I quite fancy as a overland truck type camper, so the Merc MOWOG is on the list, it goes everywhere and anywhere, get the body fitted out by a custom van shop

motorcycle wise, been greedy and gone for two, a Laverda jota 1000, and a early Harley XS 750 flatrack, prob end up killing myself, but hey what a way to go

Stymied by the car though, Dreams would be an AC Cobra,but thats plain daft that would deffo kill me, so Ive gone for a Custom Moggy 1000 pick up, wooden back bed, fat wide cobraslots, bigger engine (1275 or a fiat twin cam) upgraded brakes, etc, and a good stereo

if you was in the same boat

ooow boat, one of them speedyboats that they make on lake como and a 30ft double hulled catameran fishing boat

again if you was in the same boat, kin rich with no more cares

whats yours ?

If I was loaded I’d buy a Porsche Panamera and a Ferrari F40 ?

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
My dream car would have been an Austin Westminster. Would still buy a fully restored one now, sod how much.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've got a Hilux, nuff said :D

However a nice Lambo would do for weekends and the occasional night out

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@mickthechippy Why not go for a rover V8 3,5 Litre engine and a chromed Jag IRS for the moggy would raise it up a notch.

I have a list of cars I would have.

1969 Pontiac Firebird
1957 Chevy Bel Aire Coupe
1933/1940 Willys Coupe Gasser Style

da0917-293813_1@2x.jpg

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Vicarage restored MkII Jaguar for posh days.
Triumph TR6 for silly days.
Golf estate to do the shopping/daily driver.
Land-Rover Defender LWB as a fishing wagon
That'll do me.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
E-type (Restored)
F-type coupe
and a new Audi Allroad to go fishing in.
Bikes - A restored Lambretta and a BSA bantom

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Something practical to carry fishing tackle/shopping, must be cheap to run and fit in with my lifestyle and make the neighbours jealous. My ideal car?...Robin Reliant van with a roof rack.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Range rover for day to day and a Caterham 7 for dafties at the weekend
I wouldn't need a fishing wagon as my ghillie would be delivering and setting up my tackle at my swim ;) .

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
1972 Mach1 Mustang
1972 MGB GT
1972 Triumph Stag
1972 Plymouth Cuda
1972 Ford F250 pick up
1955 Moggie Oxford traveller
I'd probably buy a little camper something for weekend getaways maybe a Winnebago forza 34t.
Boat, i'd probably buy something silly like a Princess 470 for doing a bit of sea fishing
A nice little riverwolf 20 for freshwater fishing

All of the above would be painted in the "MG Jubilee" colour scheme.

Oh yeah, i'd also buy this....

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
My dream car would have been an Austin Westminster. Would still buy a fully restored one now, sod how much.

I learned to drive in my Dad's Austin Westminster.
Never did find reverse gear on the column shift, though I guess it was there somewhere?

Now it would be a Landrover Defender fitted with a decent burglar alarm and tracker.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Yep a classy looking car with a classy sounding name, also a proper car shaped car if you see what I mean. I had a chum who did banger
racing and said the Austin/Morris Cambridge/ Oxford Farina type bodies were always the last man standing so to speak. How about the
ultimate Farina with a roller engine, can`t remember the name.
Another desirable car from the same era was the Super snipe, the great big type. I remember reading once they had no less than twenty
two grease nipples on the front end, thank dog for poly joints.

Not really to bothered about money, got enough for what I need but if I was super rich {don`t laugh} I would collect old car, bus and lorry
radiators.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Mick, perhaps you could put your moggy 1000 engine into the AC cobra then you wouldn`t go fast enough to kill yourself. Yes I know
I am full of good Ideas {well full of something I hear you say}.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
A Mitsubishi Delica for fishing and towing.
A Mercedes CLA 45 AMG shooting brake for daily driving.
A few Kawasaki ZX12Rs for fun.
and a Scimitar SE6a waiting to be fettled for classic fun.
That is my fleet and its not likely to be changing in the near future.
Anything else would be a "flirtation" so would be hired rather than bought as the interest would pass.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Something practical to carry fishing tackle/shopping, must be cheap to run and fit in with my lifestyle and make the neighbours jealous. My ideal car?...Robin Reliant van with a roof rack.
I had a Regal Reliant with a roof rack :roflmao: :headbang::bounce: that bounced around alot and once turning off the A127 got the front wheel stuck in a snow rut and went straght past the off ramp ??