The Vaccine and you ?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Got back in from walking the Black dog on this damp miserable morn and sat watching the Prof Van dam interview-question and answer session on the Beeb breakfast show

thought it was very good, there being no arguement or the like , just sensible questions and inquireys as to the way the vaccine may be rolled out,the different vaccines that are in the pipeline near ready to become available etc

opened my eyes a bit to the way things are tested and approved for public use, there seemed to be no bull sheet in the answers and no going around the bush promising more than could be achieved

did you see it too, and if so has it effected the way you look upon the vaccine

and will you if offered the vaccine be taking up the offer ?

it seems that myself, Im not of the highest priority for a dose but am in the relatively high risk factor due to age and underlying conditions so probably wont be offered the vaccine in the first round of inoculations

if Im offered it, Im of a mind to accept the offer, hopefully sooner rather than later

Wise Owl

Account Locked
If having it because we have to, to be able to travel abroad and like then yes?

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I’m hoping not to have it. My thinking is ,if enough have already had it the virus will be in decline.
If needed to travel etc then I’m sure fake documents will appear

62tucker

Site Supporter
Got back in from walking the Black dog on this damp miserable morn and sat watching the Prof Van dam interview-question and answer session on the Beeb breakfast show

thought it was very good, there being no arguement or the like , just sensible questions and inquireys as to the way the vaccine may be rolled out,the different vaccines that are in the pipeline near ready to become available etc

opened my eyes a bit to the way things are tested and approved for public use, there seemed to be no bull sheet in the answers and no going around the bush promising more than could be achieved

did you see it too, and if so has it effected the way you look upon the vaccine

and will you if offered the vaccine be taking up the offer ?

it seems that myself, Im not of the highest priority for a dose but am in the relatively high risk factor due to age and underlying conditions so probably wont be offered the vaccine in the first round of inoculations

if Im offered it, Im of a mind to accept the offer, hopefully sooner rather than later
Van Tam is the best of the experts. Much better than Whitty and seems to be able to explain the science bit a lot clearer to thickos like me.
I in group 8 I think. Over 55
When I get offered it it will be a while yet. If I got offered it tomorrow I would take it. ??
A month ago I probably would of said No.
My 2 daughters will probably be offered it before me. NHS.
Will those who have had covid still be offered it ?
Ps. The list of 9 categories who will get it 1st has accounted for over 99% of deaths. So hopefully when them 20million been injection we should of turned the corner. ??

Zerkalo

Sister and brother in law will get it before me as NHS. I will have to wait as low priority but do want it.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Van Tam said yesterday
Not 1 person in the trial of this vaccine had to be admitted to hospital for any reason.

corkycat

I thought exactly the same as you regarding JVT and the other experts - they will never over-promise and never get involved in the puerile and pathetic political points scoring game. You just get solid hard, scientific facts. Did you see JVT on last night's press conference? He slapped down that stupid bitch from ITV who said that switching the top priority from care homes to NHS staff was a "failure" on the government's part; this after a simple explanation that logistically, it made sense. He told her that to use the word "failure" on a day like today was unfair. Yes I will have the vaccine because I listen to scientists, not garbage.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Van Tam is the best of the experts. Much better than Whitty and seems to be able to explain the science bit a lot clearer to thickos like me.
I in group 8 I think. Over 55
When I get offered it it will be a while yet. If I got offered it tomorrow I would take it. ??
A month ago I probably would of said No.
My 2 daughters will probably be offered it before me. NHS.
Will those who have had covid still be offered it ?
Ps. The list of 9 categories who will get it 1st has accounted for over 99% of deaths. So hopefully when them 20million been injection we should of turned the corner. ??

he came across very clear, and despite some probing questions

answered very well and clearly, if he didnt have the facts and figures he stated that and refused to be drawn on the speculation

thought it was the best interview I have seen so far

I look to be in about the 6th round of priority

62tucker

Site Supporter
He even pulled Boris up yesterday and wasn’t afraid to say what he wanted to get across.

nejohn

Site Supporter
A work college has been involved in the trials for one of the vaccines, and he has had no reaction or side effects other than a little soreness around the injection site for a couple of days.
Personally I won't be in the first groups offered the vaccine but due to age and having a mild heart condition will probably be in group 6 and yes if offered it I will take it, a very good friend of mine owns a drug research company and has been heavily involved in the testing procedures. I spoke to her a couple of weeks ago and she was more than happy to say there is no great reason to worry about the vaccine as most of the technology and ingredients are already in use in other vaccines it was more a case of getting the combination right and that is one of the reasons why the vaccine has been able to be fast tracked

OldTaff

Site Supporter
As I have a history of sudden onset pneumonia which has hospitalised me a couple of times over the years then I will happily take the vaccine to avoid the virus because if I do get Covid I’m probably going to be in a bit of a mess

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
My missus is first in line for the vaccine as she works in social care for social services and I fall third as I'm classed as clinically extremely vulnerable despite having had the lurgy.
If you've had it or not, confirmed or not, everyone will be offered it.

As regards dry net's comments above, everyone will have the choice but to then imply they'll get fake documents if needed for holidays is pathetic and irresponsible. You make your choice and accept the consequences that come with that choice.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Damn right I'm having it.

Interestingly me & our business partner were discussing this the other night. His main job is Research & Development in the Safety Wear industry. He designs life jackets, life rafts, equipment for the SAS & police etc. Everything he does has to be approved internationally, Basically - with stuff like that, all countries have to agree on standards. He said because of the litigous state of the USA (everyone sues everyone), if something is approved by the USA authorities, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's safe.

checker45

Was interested to read this morning that the scientists don't know whether those who receive the vaccination will still be able to transmit the virus.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I should be in the 5th group and will have it without a moments hesitation.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
At 53 I guess they’ll get around to me when they ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars. ?. I’m guessing the back end of next summer perhaps ? That’s when the missus has set my life insurance to start. ???

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
SWMBO and I discussed the issue, we are quite happy to have the vaccinations, she will get the vaccine two groups before me.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
I did enjoy the short exchange that I saw from yesterday's briefing - when prof Van tam said that we will have to consider being more repsonsible in the future and that returning to the previous situation completely is unlikely ... which elicited an interesting response from the PM!

As I've said before - I have no qualms about the safety of the vaccine and will take it. I think I may now be in the fourth group (clinically extremely vulnerable) as my previous replacement heart valve is failing so I'm on urgent list for another operation.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I did enjoy the short exchange that I saw from yesterday's briefing - when prof Van tam said that we will have to consider being more repsonsible in the future and that returning to the previous situation completely is unlikely ... which elicited an interesting response from the PM!

As I've said before - I have no qualms about the safety of the vaccine and will take it. I think I may now be in the fourth group (clinically extremely vulnerable) as my previous replacement heart valve is failing so I'm on urgent list for another operation.
Good luck pal.