The Trent fish in

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

One for the M/Ds who are going to the Trent.

Are we going to the boozer??? or are we taking cans???

Are we eating out??? or having a B.B.Q????

Martin are still taking orders for brown crumb?????

One sack for me mate if you are

i'm going to bait up
Andy

martin.

Account Locked
hi andy
first answer BOTH
2nd Barbie
3rd yes
4th done
only cans of lager or beer allowed if you bring same amount of cans of draught blackstuff (lol)
see you there mate

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Simon R

Site Supporter
Hiya Andy

Can't we take cans AND go to the pub? icon_smile_big.gif

Hadn't really thought about food - there must be a chippy somewhere near surely, although if we're going for a BBQ I can probably get hold of one of those fancy gas-powered ones.

Anyway I'll be too busy catching fish to worry about food (I hope)

Any idea what sort of quantity of bait we'll need (maggot & caster wise)?

Simon

martin.

Account Locked
hi all
dont forget if anyone wants brown crumm 9 20k or maggotts 1-50 pint
let me know by eve of 19th ill be ordering the maggots & picking them up straight after there delivered to shop on morning of fri 27th

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

G

Martin your a star my mate.
Simon no idea on the bait front mate.

Trev,,, Mark, can you give us any idea on how much, sort of bait we will need, i think i will have a go for the Barbel.

Pub and cans??? mmmmm sounds good to moi

i'm going to bait up
Andy

les middy

'Navigator'
hi all
cans yes
BUT how far is it to the pub i hope it's not the ten mins walk the same as elvington it was ten mins by car k******ed when i got there
barbie yes can bring 2/3 bags of charcoal if needed let me know
roll on 27th sept can't wait fish or no fish will be a good weekend

lesicon_smile_big.gif

angler-mark

Hi Guys, Baits that you will need are, Maggots,Hemp or wheat meat and boilies and any groundbait, sweetcorn doesn't catch a lot but ok in groundbait. I feed hemp and wheat with maggot on the hook when trotting and use a 7BB stickfloat and 4lb line. For the feeder I use 10lb line and minimum 2ozs feeder, either a cage or maggot type. The fish are not line shy and if the Chub and Barbel show, they go like trains when hooked. I use 3 pints of Maggot and 3 pints of Hemp for a full days fishing. I also use big chunks of meat when after the Barbel (you will laugh at the size) I get about 12 pieces per tin. icon_smile_big.gif I also use worms on the feeder just for a change as well as Boilies. There are no bait bans so feel free to try anything you like. Float rods, Feeder rods and Carp rods will do for all your fishing. If any big Barbel are caught by all means take a few photo's but don't put them in keepnets please. Barbed hooks are allowed but it's up to your personal choice. Most importantly, the Bailiff likes anything alcoholic. icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif
Tight Lines

Mark

Edited by - angler-mark on 31 August 2002 12:24:54 AM

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Martin

If you can supply 4 pints of reds please. I sack of brown crumb.

Luncheon meat, hemp etc are in abundance in south wales. I am only coming for the beer anyway, oh and are we fishing as well?

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

norm

every one
stop ya worry
dazb is the king of barbies

he will not let ya down

martin i will have a sack of crumb ,if that is ok with you, and also a gallon of mallassos,

mark you say you get twelve lumps of meat out of one can
i would say that the size of meat and cheese that mookie uses it must also be close to that

but the thing is he uses such a small hook (12 mabee hair riged barbless) i was suprised at the amount of fish he cought on our last meeting

hair rigs must work

see yas later
norm

WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

Simon R

Site Supporter
Hiya Mark

Is the maggot colour important? I always used to use bronze on the Trent in the 80's but I guess it probably isn't as widely used as it used to be.

So thats 1/2 a gallon of maggots, 1/2 a gallon of hemp and 1/2 a gallon of beer for the bailiff (you can't beat a bit of bribery)icon_smile_wink.gif

Martin can you put me down for a sack of crumb too please?

Tight Lines

Simon

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hi all,
This is a civilized area LOL
There is a 24 hour service on the A50 with Little Chef , Burger King etc., 3 miles away.
There is a pub in the village 2 streets away.
Night fishing is permissable, but NOT if your p----d up
The services do not close at W/ends or Bank Holidays.
Fish and chips will be investigated and as for Barbecues, Martin's bringing his marquee and dazb is doing some burgers, sausages and bacon that I shall supply.icon_smile.gifFinally, you are in the centre of a Triangle, Leicester with 400,000 pop 15 miles away,
Derby with 300,000 5 miles away and Nottingham with 400,000 12 miles away.Go to a flaming night club if you want icon_smile_big.gif
With Archie Braddock doing a Stick float presentation for real (ie putting himself up to demonstrate how to catch on the dead rivers!!!!)
and all moneys going to Macmillans, this really is one not to miss!
Reminder of the cost!
2.00 per night bivvy, 3.00 per day fishing, ie 10.00 all in for fri/sat bivvy and sat/sun fishing, with fri fishing as per donation, no set price.
Also, do you want a match?
If enough would like, I will organise a match for 5 or 6 hours, with optional pools if required, 25% to Macs.
You ask and it shall be granted AND don't forget I am raking the Lake, which will allow for Pike spinning, Tench and Bream fishing for those who want a change.
I've just come back from a Super surprise evening there, but been so busy (and we have a match on this stretch tomorrow) that I won't get time to post until sunday and I don't want to spoil it until then!
BUT if that doesn't want to make you come, nothing will LOL

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

norm

trev
does that mean that there will be plenty to eaticon_smile_wink.gif(and drink for tomma)icon_smile_big.gif
WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

Simon R

Site Supporter
Trev

I'm counting the days - never been this excited since the first time I went to Ireland icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Simon

G

quote:
Trev

I'm counting the days - never been this excited since the first time I went to Ireland icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Simon

Me to Simon,,me to.
Norm what do you meann plenty to drink for toma???? you cheeky *******, i've seen you throw down your neckicon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
I cant wait Trev, the one thing I cant get my head around is the bait, I dont use that many maggots in a week let alone a day lol. My son Daniel is looking forward to you showing him the spinning for pike bit.

see you soon

Dai Fish

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Trev please dont include me in any match. Not my scene lol. How far away is Used Tackle Hucknall. Finally is drinking water available on site?

chill out go fishing

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Dai,
No problem, spinning can be good both on Lake and River,
Esox is there if I get it wrong and so Daniel can have my teachers advice too, I'm sure.

John,
Used Tackle about 15 miles, just 3 junctions of A50 to Join M1 and 2 up M1 north to both Bulwell and Hucknall shops, )J24A to J26)
Not open sundays.
Water, 1/2 mile away in village (Site totally non commercial, even toilet is chemical! BUT 24 hour services 3 miles away, Showers, food, hell of a lot more conveniant than any other site I've been at!)

Trev

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Martin,

Can you bring me 4 pints of reds please mate.
Alan, If youve come to this via the link, I think every question has been answered except for floats.
Archie suggests 7 or 8BB stick floats , or shouldered Sticks for these swims and you can rig it Shirt button style as per tradition and Bob Roberts recommendation, or Archie's quick change style as per this link (I use this systm)

http://www.braddocksbaits.co.uk/stickfloat.html

this explains in detail how to set up a quick change link system as the heading says 'Stick Float Special'
13 to 20 ft rods.

Bob Roberts also sometimes fishes a 2 to 3 AA Waggler across the River with a 2/3rds loading under the float and maximum 1/3rd down the line.

Remember Carp puddle men, this is REAL fishing lol (Sorry)

The river CAN be hard, or fishes it's head off, but where isn't? and lack of fish have never yet spoiled a MD's Fish-in!

Remember too, that Archie will be giving FREE tuition, advice and demonstrations, so you can learn from a true expert.

Don't forget, he is getting no fee and the only benefit he will get is if he convinces you of his flavours and you buy some at the discounted rate on the day as well as no carriage!
MALC, SFK, Mark, John and I, already use them and I buy maggots at 2.00 a pint usually that last a day or less, whereas 1 5.00 bottle of Summer Barbel Magic is still not empty after 5 months!
and I/ve now caught over 20!

On a flowing water, more than 2 rods will invariably lead to tangles, so I suggest you float 1 and ledger the 2nd, or ledger 2 maximum.
I shall have (If I get a chance to fish LOL) A float rod for stick, possibly by then a waggler, My barbel rod (With a buzzer, or by touch ledgering fished upright, Trent style and a feeder rod.
I'll use nothing less than 10lb main on the Barbel rod, or the feeder and 6 minimum on the float rods, with a lighter hook length.

You all know how to fish the shallow lake (4ft max) Bream to 12lb, Tench to 8 and loads of Pike to spin for, although weed is a problem!

Directions and any other info will be posted on the Trent Fish-in forum (Theres always one who splits up the information isn't there Andy LOL)

E-Mail me if you have any other queries.
Finally Alan, If you read my posts, you will see pictures of the Brolly making an ideal shelter on EVERY peg, but for sleeping you will need a bivvy, or the car, which can be parked Touching the peg.
It's already getting cold at nights, so remember your warm clothes!

Apart from that lads, join me in praying for fine weather!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

G

Sorry Trev this was meant to be for the other part of the fish in, eating and drinking, any ??????ns about the fish in should be posted on the Trent fish in thread on the fish in forum.
Thanks peeps

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
icon_smile_big.gif
Never mind mate, it always happens LOL
and people dont bother to jump across, so you answer the same old questions all over again!
Me? I'm going fishing LOL

cya tomorrow, going to be a COLD night!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

Status
Not open for further replies.