The temperature is rising, are you going fishing this weekend?

MrBen

I've been lucky, I booked this Friday and Monday as holiday, supposed to be doing something else, but that's changed so kept the time off booked, so a nice four days fishing, possible westwood or my little local syndicate pool.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
neskin - if you're going to Radwell or Sharnbrook, what are you going to be after? Big Chub, Big Perch or silvers (roach & dace).
Static or roving?
the river level looks to be just about perfect - and with no rain, the colour should be dropping out nicely.
I can point you towards some of the better areas - but be prepared to move, as both venues can be feast or famine in the winter as the fish shoal up.

Neskin

neskin - if you're going to Radwell or Sharnbrook, what are you going to be after? Big Chub, Big Perch or silvers (roach & dace).
Static or roving?
the river level looks to be just about perfect - and with no rain, the colour should be dropping out nicely.
I can point you towards some of the better areas - but be prepared to move, as both venues can be feast or famine in the winter as the fish shoal up.

Chub and Perch for me mate, I always travel light and rove about as if i aint catching at least I'm getting some exercise!

Ill take any tips I can get! Was at Radwell weekend before last and it was pushing like mad.

mark67

Site Supporter
The river Dane on saturday then the Weaver on sunday stick float then feeder not been out since before xmas

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I hope to shake off the hibernation dust and get out on Friday.

The only problem is that all those other bloody fishermen will be after my favourite swims as well.
:(

mark67

Site Supporter
The river Dane on saturday then the Weaver on sunday stick float then feeder not been out since before xmas

90sGear

Site Supporter
First club match of the year on Sunday at Pearling D lake, first time out since damaging my back ligaments, read ripped ligaments. Not sure I'll last the day but can't wait been like a caged animal!

BoldBear

I will either be trying to catch a few Barbel on my local stream, or I might be visiting my local estate lake and christening my new Shimano Arial FA Match reel which I got from my wife for my birthday last week.
It depends on whether the float line that I’ve ordered for my new reel arrives in the post in time.

Keith

rudd

Site Supporter
Off until Monday.
Will fish a few sessions but what to do?
A member had 5lb Tench out of a club water this week.
Do I go speci or silvers - maybe a session of each!

RichB

I'm going today. It'll be to a water I've never fished before, it's quite close to me but hasn't been open long.

I've been very fortunate really, it's a bit off the beaten track and the friend I'm going with has sorted out the day tickets and also got enough bait (free maggots left over from a match comp) from the owner. I'm really looking forward to it, I'd be looking forward to it more if I was going to able to actually fish though...I'm taking my 3 young sons, so I'll probably spend most of the day untangling line. ?

rudd

Site Supporter
The main problem when it warms up is that fair weather / first time out this year / once in a while type anglers appear in their droves - stick in a load of bait and struggle, they can also kill pegs around them or the venue for a few days. They think as the suns out the waters warmed up and fish are having it.
On heavily stocked waters they may get lucky but on the majority of club lakes - not.
Very annoying when you have yourself fished through the cold weather and know that they still dont want much.

Caught a club member putting in 50 odd boilies during the week - he was not fishing.
Thought they may need some food was his line of thought.
What if another member fishes this peg tomorrow was my reply - you have more than likely feed the few carp in here enough for a week!

fishingmad123

Regular Dude
Account Locked
gonna have a go on canal saturday ,will be first outing this year , cant resist with the temps they giving out .

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Really looking forward to Saturday. A pal who runs a Carp syndicate is organising it being netted to remove a lot of small carp. He has asked me and the lad to go and catch some small carp that they can send off for lab samples. A free days fishing on a fantastic water.