The showers broken

rudd

Site Supporter
Not what you want to hear shouted by daughter's at 10pm on Friday before Christmas.
(Its Friday for me as finished work ay 7.30pm for Christmas).
Upon inspection loads of black gunk in bath and water squirting out of pressure relief valve.
Cleaned head and hose pipe, took pipe off and run shower on full hot then full cold until running clean.
All good so far as done this before.
Quick watch of u tube to refresh mind for next step.
Now where oh where is that packed of little rubber balls that go in valve????
Searched tool boxes, draws, storage boxes, sock draws, under bath, behind toilet, in with spare bulbs and batteries.
No where?
20 minutes later found them in correspondence pot still in envelope they came in.
Wife - oh that packet.
Shower isolated, fuse box shower fuse turned off, shower set to cold/low.
Cover removed, pressure reief valve located and removed.
Little black ball gone out of it.
New one fitted, valve refitted, cover refitted, fuse turned on, shower turned on.
Shower started using commissioning process - all good on cold, all good as heat turned up to full.

All fixed, less than an hour.

Question is - where would you store your little rubber balls?
Mine now in tool box storage instead of a stupid place!

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I have a specific plumbing box away from my normal tools, full of tap washers, spare radiator thermostat valves, copper pipe, plumbing tools, etc

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I seem to spend half my life searching for things which have been 'tidied up' by my wife!
One of these days ...

:2guns::devilish:

Tenacious Sloth

Site Supporter
I always store those kind of things in the last place I’d think to look. Just like everyone else. :ROFLMAO:

As an aside, my electric shower was having problems maintaining a steady temperature. I fixed it by cleaning the inlet and outlet filters. I didn’t even know electric showers had filters until I checked the manual.

AdeB

Site Supporter
I always put things in 'safe' places, so safe they never get found!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I got a text this morning re a kitchen I've been finishing off, the electrician can't pull out the wine cooler fitted in an island to plug it in.

It looks like the worktop fitters (granite worktops) have siliconed the worktop to the cooler :D

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
I got a text this morning re a kitchen I've been finishing off, the electrician can't pull out the wine cooler fitted in an island to plug it in.

It looks like the worktop fitters (granite worktops) have siliconed the worktop to the cooler :D
Nightmare :eek:

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter

Better silicone than that glue they use on granite.......