The Server change so far....

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
...So far so good ;)

All's gone well to press, the site is now fully on the new server, traffic is building back up to normal levels, and I've updated most of the software behind the site removing legacies of the previous Windows operating system.

At some point this weekend I'l need to make a couple of changes which will require a server re-boot but I'll do it when we're quiet, as if :D

Onwards and upwards ;)

Stats so far....

1608391442921.png

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
MySQL Database sitting behind it all Dave ?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Now I know where to come when I can't get my SELECT FROM WHERE Query to work. :)

JayBee

Site Supporter
Dear Mr Webster.....Very well done with the server upgrade, Achieved on time, within budget and working well apparently.

Do you fancy having a go at sorting out "Track & Trace", as it could be very well remunerated?.
Please reply if interested.

Regards.....M. Hancock

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Dear Mr Webster.....Very well done with the server upgrade, Achieved on time, within budget and working well apparently.

Do you fancy having a go at sorting out "Track & Trace", as it could be very well remunerated?.
Please reply if interested.

Regards.....M. Hancock

You taking the Pizz ? He cant track or Trace where he Left his Paper :love: :love: :love:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm going to lose your LUFC spinning badge again ;)

Actually I think I have redeemed myself as just the MD's site alone was over 930,000 files and as far as I know I've only dropped a handful in the transfers.
The site was backed up twice knowing that a few files might be lost in the transfer, it's the nature of ftp especially with massive numbers, however it would be highly unusual to lose the same files twice and having a 2nd backup to call on mean't that if one was missing in one backup it would be there in the second :D

Wise Owl

Account Locked

Actually I think I have redeemed myself as just the MD's site alone was over 930,000 files and as far as I know I've only dropped a handful in the transfers.
The site was backed up twice knowing that a few files might be lost in the transfer, it's the nature of ftp especially with massive numbers, however it would be highly unusual to lose the same files twice and having a 2nd backup to call on mean't that if one was missing in one backup it would be there in the second :D

Do ya reckon ya can do owt with Sheffield United ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No but Man U have said they'll oppose anything but a win ;)

JLK

Never noticed it before but the site permalinks and slugs don't look right.
Some links have numbers appended to the end of the link.

Pompous git

Site Supporter

Never mind all that cobblers what happened to the picture of my onion bhajis...

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Evening young David, the picture is back, I can now sleep soundly in my bed.

Seriously respect where it is due, marvellous what you do with the site.

On Christmas day my family are having a `zoom` get together. Its all bloody Greek to me.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
We all really appreciate what you do Dave, even when we don’t understand it all.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'll appreciate you all as well in a few hours time when I have to get up to do a server re-boot to finish installing some updates :D :p

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Big day today, I deleted all our content and arranged for our two previous dedicated servers to be switched off and monitoring ended - the true test to see if I'd not forgotten to do something lol

All went well and nothing left behind ;)

Stats are as expected. There is a drop in traffic from search engine results as the old forum specific links aren't redirecting to this forum as the files are no longer there but that should resolve shortly once the spiders crawl the site.

A few stats from the past seven days.....(today is still to generate)

1608761960960.png

....Roughly 2.5million pages viewed and 291Gb of data transferred - it just goes to show the work the server does, and it's not missed a beat, or should that be byte lol