The Salisbury Poisoning

62tucker

Site Supporter
Anyone been watching this on bbc1.
Just watched the episode 3 on I player and must admit to having a few tears. I am a softy to stuff like this. Absolutely a disgrace from the Russians

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
Seen the first two, last one tonight. I’ve enjoyed it, well written and probably pretty close to actual events.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I remember going to Salisbury just after this happened for a couple of nights and remember seeing police stationed around the city centre and near Skripal's house. Must watch this! Thanks for heads up.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I don't normally watch this type of programme but SWMO wanted to watch it so I followed suit,quite impressed and if it's near the truth it just goes to prove what damage could be done if someone really wanted to.

Chervil

Site Supporter
I haven't been watching it but my wife has. Last night she mentioned that the Sainsbury store in Salisbury was on it and asked if I remembered it, when I replied that I didn't, she said 'you must do, the last time we went in there we bought a french loaf'
This was over 30 years ago! How do they do it? We really don't stand a chance, do we?

Last edited:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Nice to see it being filmed on location. Salisbury I found to be a really nice town.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
My eldest daughter lives and works in Salisbury, she says that most of it wasnt filmed in the town. The Mill bar now renamed is my regular watering hole when we go to visit, a nice place to sit outside and watch the fish in the river.

spudnudd

It does not bare thinking about if that guy had not found the scent bottle it cost a life but probably saved god knows how many seeing there was enough of the nerve agent to kill a few thousand.

Tristar

Site Supporter
Sounds a tear jerker and interesting. I would like to watch it but I boycott anything BBC.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I've watched all 3 episodes over last night & tonight. At first I thought it was OK, about average. But I'd give it a chance.
I don't feel it improved at all as it progressed and then it sort of fizzled out. Overall I'd give it about 4 or 5 out of 10.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose.