The Rules

rudd

Site Supporter
Just finished reading THE RULES for a week in a static in August down in Cornwall.
THE RULES make @ukzero1 club rule book look like a pocket guide! 😨
Whilst I fully understand the reasons etc etc. Some are just plain stupid, for example:

An email must be sent 24hrs in advance giving all party members temperature.
If not received we will take your temperature on arrival.

Now, there are many on here who drive down to Cornwall each year who can vouch that on a Saturday during high season once you make it down the M5, A30 and side roads your temperature and blood pressure can reach boiling point! 😅
After the journey then waiting around to check in at 5pm in a queue for x amount of time, most peoples temperature will rise again!
(I generally drive early hours to avoid traffic but even at 7 to 8am the A30 is chockablok.)

Another one is: Please do not shop in local shops.
Our whole family all go to same place in Cornwall and have done for near on 80years over the generations.
We must have spent a good few hundred thousand on accommodation alone, never mind ice creams, food, alcohol, windbreaks, wetsuits, buckets/spades, pasties, body boards, mallets, paper flags, nets, bait, tackle, newspapers, toilets, car parks, fuel, bread, milk, clotted cream, cream teas, ferries, charter boats and boat trips
The Cornish have never minded fleecing tourists since holidaying began down there so cannot have their cake and eat it!
Funked if I am doing a 40 mile round trip every few days to Bodmin or Wadebridge.
Will take my mask and wear it - in local shops!

Social distancing - on the beach.
Ok when tides out but what about when in comes in - sardines on most beaches!
And Rockpools? Try explaining to kids that only two allowed in at a time!

Ice cream van, queues can be big, add in two meter rule and they may reach across beach😄

In the sea. How will that work?
I take body board out the back into the bigger waves but even out there can get crowded at times, especially if I venture into stand up zone (black and whites).
In the swimming zone its like a zoo at the best of times!

Bedding. No duvets or pillows will be supplied - bring your own.
Dont have a problem, we will take sleeping bags but I want to know if the site will be disinfecting the mattresses????😉😈

No coin operated services will be open.
A Cornishman refusing coin? Unheard of 😂

No running, cycling, scooters, ball games etc at any time and masks to be worn at all times on site.
Need to check if this applies within vans as rule is a bit grey 😬
Trying to source a mask to match my speedos and flip flops 😆

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
"An email must be sent 24hrs in advance giving all party members temperature.
If not received we will take your temperature on arrival. "

Considering you could be okay one day and wiped out the next with CV, how does that work?
Surely just taking temps on arrival, assuming they know what they are looking for and how to do it, is the better option anyway.

Half the problem is lack of consistency and people's interpretations of what is and what isn't acceptable good practice

62tucker

Site Supporter
We got some hashed up rules on our caravan site. Dogs must be kept on a 1 metre lead.
We not allowed to go in another caravan till the 24th.
No family or visitors till 24th.
If you have a member of your family in your van from a different household you can’t have anyone else from another household for 14 days 🤷‍♂️

H T B

Site Supporter
Just finished reading THE RULES for a week in a static in August down in Cornwall.
THE RULES make @ukzero1 club rule book look like a pocket guide! 😨
Whilst I fully understand the reasons etc etc. Some are just plain stupid, for example:

An email must be sent 24hrs in advance giving all party members temperature.
If not received we will take your temperature on arrival.

Now, there are many on here who drive down to Cornwall each year who can vouch that on a Saturday during high season once you make it down the M5, A30 and side roads your temperature and blood pressure can reach boiling point! 😅
After the journey then waiting around to check in at 5pm in a queue for x amount of time, most peoples temperature will rise again!
(I generally drive early hours to avoid traffic but even at 7 to 8am the A30 is chockablok.)

Another one is: Please do not shop in local shops.
Our whole family all go to same place in Cornwall and have done for near on 80years over the generations.
We must have spent a good few hundred thousand on accommodation alone, never mind ice creams, food, alcohol, windbreaks, wetsuits, buckets/spades, pasties, body boards, mallets, paper flags, nets, bait, tackle, newspapers, toilets, car parks, fuel, bread, milk, clotted cream, cream teas, ferries, charter boats and boat trips
The Cornish have never minded fleecing tourists since holidaying began down there so cannot have their cake and eat it!
Funked if I am doing a 40 mile round trip every few days to Bodmin or Wadebridge.
Will take my mask and wear it - in local shops!

Social distancing - on the beach.
Ok when tides out but what about when in comes in - sardines on most beaches!
And Rockpools? Try explaining to kids that only two allowed in at a time!

Ice cream van, queues can be big, add in two meter rule and they may reach across beach😄

In the sea. How will that work?
I take body board out the back into the bigger waves but even out there can get crowded at times, especially if I venture into stand up zone (black and whites).
In the swimming zone its like a zoo at the best of times!

Bedding. No duvets or pillows will be supplied - bring your own.
Dont have a problem, we will take sleeping bags but I want to know if the site will be disinfecting the mattresses????😉😈

No coin operated services will be open.
A Cornishman refusing coin? Unheard of 😂

No running, cycling, scooters, ball games etc at any time and masks to be worn at all times on site.
Need to check if this applies within vans as rule is a bit grey 😬
Trying to source a mask to match my speedos and flip flops 😆
Did it finish with...
Have a great holiday 🤔

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Simple answer ! Don't go !

Not a choice we had to make. We should have arrived on site today until 15th Aug but the owner has decided to close for July and August.
There are other sites in the area but although open for campervans and caravans, they will have no showers or toilet facilities available.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I know a lot of people will think the rules were overboard, but we don't know the effect that Covid 19 may have had on the owner and his family ! Maybe he was a little over nervous about having people stay ! Maybe he didn't want to ruin people's holiday plans, or even if he could afford to turn people away ! So he erred on the side of caution , but has now decided that no money is worth running the risk of spreading the virus !