The River Windrush, Burford Angling Club, Oxon

wagnmag

Hi to all our Angling Friends - its that time of year to buy your Rod Licence and apply for annual membership for the new season - fly fishing starts 1st April with coarse fishing starting 16th June, contact us: burfordanglingclub@outlook.com for a membership application form.

wagnmag

The season on the river ends on Saturday so there is lots of activity from seasoned anglers who like to catch "just one more" during the last week - today one of our anglers caught over 5 pounds including a 1 pound 6 ounce roach with dace, perch and a small brown trout

Last edited:

wagnmag

Matchstickman25 where do you fish in West Yorkshire? The Cotswolds is a wonderful place to visit and spend some time fishing the river while you enjoy the beautiful countryside

matchstickman25

I'm fairly new to West Yorkshire and have only really tried the Aire around West Leeds and the Wharfe a few times.

I'm more at home on the River Wear in County Durham, which is a famous sea trout spate river which flows placid in its flood channel 9/10ths of the year. Very clear water but it has some fantastic coarse fishing in a visually stimulating environment if you put in the work. Being from the sticks I have fished alot of the smaller tributaries which for the most part are pretty difficult and not that productive but I've spent enough time fishing them that I have had some good times when pockets of fish are found.

I'm very much a local angler who prefers to 'connect' with a water and get to know its moods. As a result, I don't tend to enjoy fleeting visits as much, even if the fishing is prolific.

wagnmag

This is a 1 pound 6 ounce roach caught on the River Windrush on Thursday

wagnmag

Well that's it for now folks, no more fishing until 16th June on the Rivers (except for fly) what are we going to do with ourselves? - roll on the glorious 16th!!

wagnmag

Hi Matchstickman, I hope you manage to get back up to County Durham to fish your favourite River on a regular basis, knowledge of the river is key to your success but it is so much more than just fishing, it is sitting quiet and being at one with nature, sheer heaven

wagnmag

Hi there all our angling friends, our day tickets are now available from Orvis, 80 High Street, Burford, OX18 4QF starting 1st April for fly and then starting 16th June for Coarse fishing. Look forward to seeing some of you over the coming months

wagnmag

Please note should you wish to fish our waters on a day ticket they are now only available from Orvis, 80 High Street, Burford, OX18 4QF, any other queries to burfordanglingclub@outlook.com thank you.

wagnmag

Good evening to all you coarse anglers, are you looking forward to 16th June? Its not far away now and time to renew your membership if you haven't already done so. We are looking forward to the new season on the River Windrush and look forward to seeing some of you on our waters throughout the year. Hope you have fun and enjoy your fishing...

wagnmag

Good Morning to all coarse fishermen - only 10 days to go... time to get your membership sorted, your rod licence bought and your gear ready...

Behind the Church in Burford looking across the meadow

wagnmag

Wow what a mornings fishing - 12 Dace, 1 Perch, 4 Trout and 13 minnows between 4.30am and 7.30am this morning... Can't wait to go back down this evening.. My mate had roach and dace up to half a pound between 5am and 7.30am

wagnmag

The summer season matches are underway and for Burford we have had a good turnout so far, 7 the first week and 6 this week, well done to all our anglers look forward to seeing you all next week

wagnmag

We have had reports from 2 of our anglers that they each caught roach of 2lb plus dace and perch, nice to know large roach are still being caught, looking forward to another good season on the Windrush

wagnmag

Good Evening, we are half way through the season and have had some good reports of chub, perch and quite a few large roach being caught by our coarse fishermen, the trout fishing season is now closed but we had some good trout caught and now grayling are being fished for on the fly, keep up the good work!!

wagnmag

We would like to wish all our members and friends a Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year, looking forward to fishing the river soon, there have been good reports of dace, chub, trout and grayling caught recently, one guy on a day ticket had 8 trout, 1 grayling and 2 dace, not bad for his first time on our river!!

wagnmag

Hello to all you anglers out there, the river has dropped back down after the heavy rain a week ago so make the best of it and enjoy your fishing before the end of the season on the 14th March, Membership cards are now available for the coming season starting 1st April 2016 contact us at burfordanglingclub@outlook.com

wagnmag

Thank you to all the people who fished our waters over the last year for making our club so successful and to all the people involved in running and promoting the club, we look forward to the next year... You still have today and tomorrow to fish before the season ends so make the best of it, the river is well within its banks so enjoy the last couple of days, Wagnmag

Last edited: