Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Got this email regarding the River Tees::

The River Tees

I have fished various stretches of the River Tees throughout this season, namely at Yarm, Stockton and Preston Park, using waggler and pole tactics during the warmer months, then a swimfeeder from October/November onwards.

I have enjoyed consistant sport throughout the year, regularly catching 4-5lb of dace chub and roach during the winter and 10-15lb of, roach, rudd, perch, gudgeon, dace, skimmers, chub and even minnows during the summer months.
Over the past 4-5 years the Tees has gone from strength to strength as a result of a barrage being installed near to its mouth, rendering it clean, fresh and slow in its lower reaches.
The whole river upstream of the barrage is a fish haven and provides varied and exciting sport all year round with a wide variety of coarse fish species, namely, roach, rudd, skimmers, chub, perch, gudgeon, pike, dace, and barbel in the upper reaches (County Durham)

Dave

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Thanks Dave,

Having just failed to get my barbel after a freezing cold 13 hour stint on the Trent!

AND not being able to fish the Trent OR The Tees for 3 months

And working out that its about as far north from me as I could fish before I get into Scotland!

Then that information came as a breath of fresh air!

Hows Outer Mongolian Millers thumb fishing doing LOL

Cya

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

mookie

mookie
As the Tees is my local river Trev you are welcome anytime this coming season to wet a line at night for the chub and barbel near my home....dace chub trout etc during the day ...but night its amazing real rod off the rests clonking bites...cheese and meat ... spot on fishing...

Cheers....

Mook.....and that goes to any other MDs out there...and its free fishin too....

Status
Not open for further replies.