The River Ribble

Status
Not open for further replies.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Me and my mate joe, you may know him as arsecheeseno1, are planning a trip to the river ribble soon. I have heared that a few pike have ben caught on the river and would like to know whether or not i should take a few deadbaits with me.
Thnx for your advice
The percher[8D]

J.Tolley

joe1987

'Darwener'
Hey tolley,
hehe percher. Yeah im joe please could you also give us some tips on how and where toi catch the chub. Thnx

Toodlepip **Joe**

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
ALRITE MAN.yeh im wonderin why people havnt replied, maybe coz they no nothing!

J.Tolley

joe1987

'Darwener'
haha. nah they prob will but l8r 2nite. C'mon please people. give us a helping hand

Toodlepip **Joe**

fishing_mad

yeh take some dead bait although i've never fished it i've been told about it alot.

[:)]Fishing Mad[:)]

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Er, not sure.
Depends where abouts on the ribble you wanna fish. The tickle trout stretch in preston aint that far from fleetwood i spose

J.Tolley

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
I fished the bonsai stretch a couple of weeks ago and there was a Angler fishing just for pike on this stretch, As for chub again try the Bonsai stretch, Tickeled Trout or Ribchester the trouble with the Ribble these days is there are not many day ticket stretches if you want detailed stretches on the Ribble send a e mail to chubber he knows the river like the back of his hand hope this is of some help to you.

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Thnx alot Al, but where abouts is the bonsai stretch, although ive heared of it i don't exactly know where it is on the river

J.Tolley

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
The Bonsai stretch is just up the road from the Tickeled trout best way is come of M6 at Tickeled trout follow Blackburn signs and as soon as you come on dual carrigeway look for a church on your left hand side and then turn first left you will then see a sign for Bonsai garden center turn in to the center then park up and you will see a gate at bottom right hand side, you get to river here make sure you pay before you go on (4) and be aware it's 9am until 5pm only,this time limit was brought in because some a## h##e anglers stole over 4000 worth of plants of him he used to let you night fish the venue which as you probally know is the best time for the barbel on the ribble just as its going dark but as i say all this as been ruined my some mindless selfish a## h###s.

As for pegs look for a overhead cable that goes across the river where you will see a tree cast towards this tree in fast water and leave your bail arm of for 10 seconds or so and let the fast water run it in to a deep hole (you will know when your in it river will stop taking line) there this hole holds some tremendous chub mate and the odd barbel if its Barbel your targeting any of the pegs where you go down to the steps are the ones to fish again get over to the fast water mate my personal favourite for the barbel is the big sandbank peg it's about the 4th one along.

O yes and theres only 10 pegs on this stretch so get to car park early and put your carry all near gate so your first in que for when he opens gate lol.

Have fun anymore info give me a e mail and i will help you out

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Last edited:

joe1987

'Darwener'
thanx for the details Al. great info and that stretch sounds great. Cant wait til tuesday now. Sorry to keep botherin you nice MD but any bait tips??? cheers

Toodlepip **Joe**

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
joe ive e-mailed him, so hopefully hell respond, isn't he great? Not many people give so much info
cheers Al

Status
Not open for further replies.