The Right Rod For The Right Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulHarrison999

Hi Guys

ive just got a 2.5lb t/c shakespeare mentor carp rod and i was wondering - im fishing stubbs hall farm this sunday in a match, and i was wondering if i could use it for the method feeder, the only problem is , is that i dont have any bite alarms, so i was wondering can i use the rod tip as a detector? or would the tip be too heavy?

many thanks
Paul

Jessebobs

Steve!
I reckon the tip would be far too stiff but why not use a simple clip on bobbin type indicator intstead. Nice and cheap and no resistance on a take. No need for an alarm as being a matchman you will be sat watching your rod and not round the other side of the lake having a brew with your mates![;)]
Sorry guys, just joking![:)]

PaulHarrison999

Jessebobs, where can i get these clip on bobbins and how do i set it up on the rod?

Many thanks
Paul

davyr

Originally posted by Jessebobs

Nice and cheap and no resistance on a take.

Surely resistance is the whole point of fishing a method feeder and all you need to bother about is holding on tight to the rod to stop it disappearing into the lake?

phil-k

You need some kind of bite indicator such as this:
fox-butt-swinger.jpg

Use a baitrunner and as long as your watching the indicator for runs or drop backs and sat next to your rod you don't need an alarm.[;)]

SteveB

Originally posted by PaulHarrison999

Jessebobs, where can i get these clip on bobbins and how do i set it up on the rod?

Many thanks
Paul

top of a fairy liqid bottle if you're feeling kinda jippo[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.