The price of Spam

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No not the stuff you get inundated with at times whilst on the t'interweb, but the chopped Ham and Pork type that fish like to eat where it's permitted - £3.00 a tin at my local Sainsbury Local :eek:

1652466897464.png

Geesh, the last time I bought some it was about a £1 a tin :eek:

Louis D

£2.25 for 340 g tin in Tesco today, same as 200 g can - fill your boots. I do use it on the hook sometimes but, personally, I prefer it grilled in a sandwich with mushrooms and brown sauce!

Louis D

I usually use Morrisons luncheon meat for feeding, £1.90 for 340 g tin and only 14% fat. Cut it, submerge in boiling water for 5 minutes then wash with cold water.

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Get it from b&m or £ shop. I used to get the spicy tin and the strawberry tin from the fishing shop as a kid. Went in the other day and it's £5 a tin! 😱

Nah!

grey

Site Supporter
£9 per kilo?! Can buy top quality fresh pork cheaper than that!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Royal Dane is what I stocked up on. They do Bacon Grill too. Ironically I bought it for use on a stretch of the Severn called the Danery.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Get it from b&m or £ shop. I used to get the spicy tin and the strawberry tin from the fishing shop as a kid. Went in the other day and it's £5 a tin! 😱

Nah!
If you like flavoured meats the Mainline match tins that fit the MAP meat cutters are £3.99 a tin and have been since they were launched a good few years ago.