The Price of Fame ?

mickthechippy

23/04/2008 - 25/12/2021
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Those who covet fame also attract critique

another "star" in the shape of Scarlett Moffat, has told of her struggles with finding fame, the reality of the celebrity life

put yourself in the limelight and you may have a shadow fall on you

is it because thier expectations of life in front of the camera rarely exceed thier original thought, and thier actions, words and deeds are held up to the masses for thier comment and judgement

you may get richer, you may get the trappings of celebrity, but is it all worth it, for you will also attract the forces of envy and resentfullness

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
There have been numerous 'reality TV' star suicides that seem to support what you say, from Love Island etc

Seems to me there's a lot of 'famous' people these days who end up in that column on the right hand side of the Mail Online.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Those who covet fame also attract critique

another "star" in the shape of Scarlett Moffat, has told of her struggles with finding fame, the reality of the celebrity life

put yourself in the limelight and you may have a shadow fall on you

is it because thier expectations of life in front of the camera rarely exceed thier original thought, and thier actions, words and deeds are held up to the masses for thier comment and judgement

you may get richer, you may get the trappings of celebrity, but is it all worth it, for you will also attract the forces of envy and resentfullness
Who?

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
No matter what someone does, how much fame they achieve they do not deserve to be abused and trolled online.

We, the public create "celebrities". I cannot blame anyone who grasps their chance at fame and fortune. But just because they become famous does not make them fare game for abuse.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Fame has nothing to do with it. Cowards will gang up and pick on a target, it happened decades before social media came along, happened all the time in schools, it's just done anonymously now, even more cowardly.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Whilst I agree no one deserves to be trolled, it does come with the territory, and while the first generation of reality stars could claim they did not know what was coming, the latter ones coming through cant say they didn't know that was a likely outcome.

They are only too happy to have their photos here, there and everywhere when it suits them, so are we to feel sorry for them when it doesn't suit? In those instances, my sympathy start to wane.

62tucker

Site Supporter
She’s a likeable lass and was a larger lady as to say and a breath of fresh air in a skinny obsessed tv culture.
Then she went like a rake and had a exercise dvd out that made her a lot of money I would guess.
Then ballooned again back to her previous weight.
Perfect bait for the horrible people that troll social media.
Seen her a lot on daily mirror. Her fake teeth are moving. Gap appearing. Then a week later. Teeth fixed. Do these type get stuff for free for a bit advertising?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Best level of fame for me is like international rugby and cricket players. Earning hundreds of thousands a year in some cases more but can go to most the countries in the world and be completely unknown and even in places where they are known the fans of such sports aren’t generally the obsessive bothering people type. Similar with modern day rock musicians I guess in terms of reasonable wealth and not being that widely known although expect a lot of those that do know them are more likely to be of the bothersome type than the aforementioned sports fans.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Reality TV person Jade Goody who sadly died young from cervical cancer raised the importance and awareness of cervical cancer testing to such an extent the NHS struggled to keep up with the number of young girls/women wanting tests.
Sadly this has now regressed but consider how many lives Jade may have saved by influencing others.