The piece of tackle not invented yet...

2ts

Site Supporter
Pricey as a set,VERY sturdy build quality,and strong clamp system even if not vacuumed.Had mine for years,but only the 1 pint container,i will buy a bigger one in new year.

Pilchy60

Always thought a heated footplate would have been made by now....failing that a magic wand that will transport my gear to my peg without a trolley...dont want much me..

We've all been there, need a whatsit or thingy to do a particular task but it's not been invented yet or no one makes them....

What bit of tackle do you need that's not been invented yet :) ?

I'd love a self levelling box, something akin to putting the box on a peg, pressing a button and all the legs adjust themselves to level the box instead of reaching across all four corners and a platform faffing about to get it level :D
How about a keepnet stretcher would save carrying half a ton of lead around

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
There was a keepnet spacer around years ago which was a metal rod with three or four clamps that fastened to the keepnet rings but they vanished after a couple of years.

P_C

A float that allows you to adjust the depth without bringing it in. I'm thinking bluetooth and phone. Maybe some little rollers in the float that spin once you adjust the depth.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
We've all been there, need a whatsit or thingy to do a particular task but it's not been invented yet or no one makes them....

What bit of tackle do you need that's not been invented yet :) ?

I'd love a self levelling box, something akin to putting the box on a peg, pressing a button and all the legs adjust themselves to level the box instead of reaching across all four corners and a platform faffing about to get it level :D
Ive thought of something ,a wrap to go around your pole ,steady ,steady 🥰 your fishing pole ,a heated wrap working off small batteries ,using a velcro wrap so you can put it where you are holding the pole , i need one in winter 😉

62tucker

Site Supporter
What about underpeg heating so never a frozen peg and maybe air source heat pump on every peg so a warm area of water in front of every peg.
Or plug in bivvy ( or has that been done )

squimp

Site Supporter
What about underpeg heating so never a frozen peg and maybe air source heat pump on every peg so a warm area of water in front of every peg.
Or plug in bivvy ( or has that been done )
Don’t they have indoor lakes in Japan ?

Neskin

A tube with another smaller tube inside that rotates, much like a vacuum cleaner head with bristles.. You twist the inner part so it rotates and put offcuts of line in there instead of having loose bits in the tackle box. Slot running down the inner tube that you can run a knife down to cut all the line and bin it when it gets full. It makes sense in my head!

If im not catching, which is regularly, i always end up pulling bits of line out of the ground and putting it in my bag to tidy up. Then i have a load of random bits of mono knocking about