The piece of tackle not invented yet...

Sebbie

Site Supporter
A robot that takes all my gear from the car, transports it (and me!) to the swim and sets it all up perfectly. Oh, and always draws the best peg.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
that one's been done - Frank Barlow wrote about a mishap that "Max" Nudd had on a knock-up in Ireland when they first came out iirc :)
Im sure it was John Wilson had a keepnet that was open at the bottom ring. To close it you twisted the bottom section 2 or 3 times and clipped the bottom ring to the 2nd bottom ring.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
self weighing keepnets would be a great idea, that catch and weigh the fish as you put them in and then you click a button/quick release and the bottom opens to release the fish, no lifting the fish out of the water to weigh nor release (you need to retain during a match to eliminate catching the same fish again)

John WIlson did indeed have a clip open one that he used on the shannon episode but you still have to haul the net out first but never seen in real life

self shotting pole float that automatically takes on water to show the amount of bristle you tell it to show

robot assistant to put shot on the line at the correct squeeze point, even size 12 shot that i cant see never mind use lol

a self sealing tosspot that stops you spilling bait on the way out, once filled the pot seals itself and only unseals itself when it either gets inverted or a remote button/signal

feeder with mini camera so you can see what is happening under teh water and/or feeder or lead that sets off a shall gas charge when it detects the fish has taken the hookbait

floats that automatically change bristle/tip colours depending on the light conditions or self recognising the foliage near the float

special fishing bread that is optomised for fishing! they have done it with corn, meat and others so maybe time for different colours and flavours of bread for all your bread fishing needs or bread that doesnt soak up water or has elastically built in to stay on the hook longer! (this is the most realistic)

Last edited:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
a comfortable lightweight chair with underseat storage, adjustable legs, a footplate and wheel system as an accessory
That sounds ideal, anything then means you can carry less would be ideal 👍🏻 although I could do without the foot plate myself. A rod bag with pockets for tackle boxes would be handy as well.

An actually decent travel float rod would another I nominate. Probably loads of stuff if I think enough.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
That sounds ideal, anything then means you can carry less would be ideal 👍🏻 although I could do without the foot plate myself. A rod bag with pockets for tackle boxes would be handy as well.

An actually decent travel float rod would another I nominate. Probably loads of stuff if I think enough.
NGT do a 4 or 5 piece travel rod for not a lot of cash

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
NGT do a 4 or 5 piece travel rod for not a lot of cash
I don’t think they do a float one. Greys and Shakespeare used to do them but I never got to see them before they discontinued. Only one I’ve used is the jw young one and that’s proper clunky. The travel Wilson Avon quivers and the various travel spinning rods are so handy that it would be good to have a float version to complete the set.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
special fishing bread that is optomised for fishing! they have done it with corn, meat and others so maybe time for different colours and flavours of bread for all your bread fishing needs or bread that doesnt soak up water or has elastically built in to stay on the hook longer! (this is the most realistic)

Sounds a bit like Mosella Magic Bread.

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
self weighing keepnets would be a great idea, that catch and weigh the fish as you put them in and then you click a button/quick release and the bottom opens to release the fish, no lifting the fish out of the water to weigh nor release (you need to retain during a match to eliminate catching the same fish again)

John WIlson did indeed have a clip open one that he used on the shannon episode but you still have to haul the net out first but never seen in real life

self shotting pole float that automatically takes on water to show the amount of bristle you tell it to show

robot assistant to put shot on the line at the correct squeeze point, even size 12 shot that i cant see never mind use lol

a self sealing tosspot that stops you spilling bait on the way out, once filled the pot seals itself and only unseals itself when it either gets inverted or a remote button/signal

feeder with mini camera so you can see what is happening under teh water and/or feeder or lead that sets off a shall gas charge when it detects the fish has taken the hookbait

floats that automatically change bristle/tip colours depending on the light conditions or self recognising the foliage near the float

Buy a bread maker 😉

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter

Attachments

• bqiwupj5636615591726090326.jpg
    bqiwupj5636615591726090326.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 13

Simon R

Site Supporter
That Mosella bread was great in those tank tests and in real life it stayed on the hook great, you could hair rig it, put it through a band do all sorts with the stuff - only slight problem with it was the fish wouldn't touch it:p

I'd like to see a rod with self-threading rings and a reel that automatically spooled your line on - correctly filled and to the prefered taper.

Simon

nejohn

Site Supporter
I don’t think they do a float one. Greys and Shakespeare used to do them but I never got to see them before they discontinued. Only one I’ve used is the jw young one and that’s proper clunky. The travel Wilson Avon quivers and the various travel spinning rods are so handy that it would be good to have a float version to complete the set.
Shakespeare did a Mach 1 XT 13ft travel rod that was awful they also did an Agility XP 13ft travel rod (I have seen the odd new one come up on ebay from time to time) that given that it is a 5 piece rod is not all that bad yes it is a bit heavier than a 3 piece and is also a little slower action wise but for a holiday rod it is very useable. Hardy also did a 'smuggler' version of their 11'6 supero float rod which although expensive was also quite good, but as with all travel rods you have to accept some form of compromise but some are obviously less compromised than others