The piece of tackle not invented yet...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We've all been there, need a whatsit or thingy to do a particular task but it's not been invented yet or no one makes them....

What bit of tackle do you need that's not been invented yet :) ?

I'd love a self levelling box, something akin to putting the box on a peg, pressing a button and all the legs adjust themselves to level the box instead of reaching across all four corners and a platform faffing about to get it level :D

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
A Dutch angler invented a self levelling box-platform

it was on U-tube a few years back and reported in some sections of the press

was quite a remarkable item using hydraulics for the adjustment but still remaining light enough to use

alsur

Site Supporter
Can't think of anything but I wish more cars had front passenger seats that fold flat. I prefer smaller cars I have a ford Bmax and it does which makes it easy to fit all my match kit in, its surprising how much extra room it gives you I'm now ready for a change and am going to have by a bigger car than I really want.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
myself Id like a bubble tent

something that you could erect above your box-seat-peg that kept you warm or cool depending on the season, and kept the rain off yet didnt get in the way like a brolley does

maybe a pnuematic type heater pump that threw a powerful cone of air above you

nejohn

Site Supporter
There might even already be one of these but a floating catapult would be great as I have lost count of the catapults that I have dropped into the water over the years only to see them sink like a stone

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
a comfortable lightweight chair with underseat storage, adjustable legs, a footplate and wheel system as an accessory

rudd

Site Supporter
a comfortable lightweight chair with underseat storage, adjustable legs, a footplate and wheel system as an accessory
Korda or ridge monkey guys will see this and come up with the goods (at a price).
Can it have a prefixed side tray included with a cup holder and matching cup!

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Korda or ridge monkey guys will see this and come up with the goods (at a price).
Can it have a prefixed side tray included with a cup holder and matching cup!
Preston did one called the 360 with a swivelling chair... it cost a fortune (£230) and weighed a ton without a footplate... which cost another fortune (£89) and a wheel kit which cost ano.... (£90) well I think you get the picture

Addendum... the mega side tray fitted at £60

melvyn

Head Blanker
An auto hook. this would be fitted with a micro chip long range fish sensor. It would be capable of sensing fish and moving the hook into the fishes mouth. And auto hooking it. I would never blank again.

rudd

Site Supporter
Preston did one called the 360 with a swivelling chair... it cost a fortune (£230) and weighed a ton without a footplate... which cost another fortune (£89) and a wheel kit which cost ano.... (£90) well I think you get the picture

Addendum... the mega side tray fitted at £60
Only match anglers are daft enough to pay near on £500.00 for a fishing chair! 😇😇😇

grey

Site Supporter
We've all been there, need a whatsit or thingy to do a particular task but it's not been invented yet or no one makes them....

What bit of tackle do you need that's not been invented yet :) ?

I'd love a self levelling box, something akin to putting the box on a peg, pressing a button and all the legs adjust themselves to level the box instead of reaching across all four corners and a platform faffing about to get it level :D
I've got one Dave - Heledirn. Made by a Dutch company which unfortunately went bust last year.

Fantastic piece of kit: quick, easy and absolutely rock solid.

All the other side fittings are quick release too, similar release as bicycle wheels, so no knobs to tighten!