The Pfizer vaccine

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
thanks for the link although as stated I have no reason to question what you posted whilst we disagree on many things I don't think for a moment you post rubbish or "fake news" for the sake of it (y)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Being locked in the library during school playtimes in isolation with every copy of "Look and Learn" in bound volumes

has that effect on a herberts knowledge of unusual facts

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Being locked in the library during school playtimes in isolation with every copy of "Look and Learn" in bound volumes

has that effect on a herberts knowledge of unusual facts

So what yer saying is you'd be the Mds choice of Phone a Friend if on Who wants to be a Millionaire ? (y)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Utter rubbish.... my old employers made one, albeit with limited efficacy... its not an easy disease to vaccinate against, as there are loads of varieties of mosquito and different strains of the disease...
bit rich with the unnecessary "utter rubbish" comment then coming out with utter rubbish yourself . If you are going to talk to people that way give the full facts .
The first line in big letters on the centre for disease control website states

"Vaccines​

Although progress has been made in the last 10 years toward developing malaria vaccines, there is currently no licensed malaria vaccine on the market. "

The one you refer to presumably has limited efficacy and hence is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard in real terms . the point tucker made about the fact its not a money spinner hence the research has not had the attention one would expect is exactly right which is cited on the same cdc website as one of the primary reason why there is not an effective vaccine available ..the terms they state it in are "lack of a traditional market" which is another way of saying its a third world problem and they can't afford us .
The fact there are different strains of malaria and it is a complex issue again is also irrelevant ....... there are plenty different strains of covid and its been a complex problem to address but since untold millions have been poured into research and billions will be spent on the product we got there in quicktime. I repeat the comments tucker made far from being "utter rubbish" were bang on the button.
Read what I said before spouting off... I did say it had limited efficacy and as for chocolate fire guards its better than nothing...
And as for the new vaccines being produced in quick time, all the variants that are being made at the mo are existing vaccines for other diseases with common viral makeups with modifications... the groundwork has been done for years... might I suggest that having worked in an R&D site and a global manufacturing supply site in major pharma for the last 20 years of my working life.... That I might... just might, have at least an informed idea on the subject, rather than someone who relies on google and wiki for tenuous info at best....

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
Read what I said before spouting off... I did say it had limited efficacy and as for chocolate fire guards its better than nothing...
And as for the new vaccines being produced in quick time, all the variants that are being made at the mo are existing vaccines for other diseases with common viral makeups with modifications... the groundwork has been done for years... might I suggest that having worked in an R&D site and a global manufacturing supply site in major pharma for the last 20 years of my working life.... That I might... just might, have at least an informed idea on the subject, rather than someone who relies on google and wiki for tenuous info at best....
I read exactly what you said and as for "spouting off" the reason it come across as it did ( which was intended) was because as is your habit you start off your comment with "utter rubbish" or some such proclamation presumably to reinforce your cantankerous image . Theres nothing special about you we can all be cantankerous so don't be surprised when comments directed at you are made in the same manner as your own . As for the limited efficacy ....it clearly isn't better than nothing which is why it wasnt licensed as per the CDC website assertation . When you start doling out product which isn't of the required efficacy it is in fact worse than useless ( chocolate fireguard) because it could give anybody using it a false sense of security in their safety. Hence it wasn't licensed so don't give me spouting off ...its a fact.
If you have an informed idea on the subject how is it that your enlightened view is in contradiction to what the centre for disease control states? Working for a pharma company doesn't catapult you automatically into the category of font of knowledge for all I know you could have been their office tea maker in a similar way to the fact you know fek all about me or how and where obtain my information . If the choice of accuracy is between you and the CNC I am going to plump for them every time whether it suits you or not.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
First chance I get I will be have the vaccine, yet my wife said she is not having it, to afraid to say what I think to that:whistle: