The Pfizer vaccine

62tucker

Site Supporter
A lot my my daughters work colleagues ( Nurses) say they not be in the queue to get vaccine. Probably because most of them have already had covid.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
less people in the queue the better for me to get it ASAP! i would get jabbed today if i could

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Question Next Year will the Covid Jab cover the Flu jab or will they have to have both ?

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i never have the flu jab, would happily have it if i had no choice i.e. with teh covid vaccine

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i ment in answer to teh previous question by Owl

Question Next Year will the Covid Jab cover the Flu jab or will they have to have both?

i do not have the flu jab currently but if the state you have to have flu and covid jab together i would happily do it

wasnt saying that would be the case, was simply saying it wouldnt bother me

Wise Owl

Account Locked
i never have the flu jab, would happily have it if i had no choice i.e. with teh covid vaccine

My thinking in this is obviously if it sorts Covid it sorts the flu but if it dont and ya can only have one or the Other which is gonna be best for the Oldies?

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
i ment in answer to teh previous question by Owl

Question Next Year will the Covid Jab cover the Flu jab or will they have to have both?

i do not have the flu jab currently but if the state you have to have flu and covid jab together i would happily do it

wasnt saying that would be the case, was simply saying it wouldnt bother me
Ah I see . I take it you are not yourself or those you live with are not in the severely vulnerable category in that case which means you like me probably won't be very high on the priority list for the covid vaccine and will have to wait

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
My thinking in this is obviously if it sorts Covid it sorts the flu but if it dont and ya can only have one or the Other which is gonna be best for the Oldies?
Theres no chance one injection will create immunity for both . In fact if theres a mutation of the coronavirus theres every chance any vaccine created now wouldn't be effective against that either . Virus vaccines are very disease specific .

Wise Owl

Account Locked
My worry with tekkin em both could mean 2 different Drugs might cause more Problems than help.

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
There are large numbers of people who don't take the flu vaccine who are very firmly in the high vulnerability bracket so the likelihood is those people wont have a covid vaccine either.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
live by myself and no vulnerable relatives nope so i will be a longgggg way down the list i expect.

fully agree, think there will still be two jabs, and sure you will be told you cannot have both at the same time

Ah I see . I take it you are not yourself or those you live with are not in the severely vulnerable category in that case which means you like me probably won't be very high on the priority list for the covid vaccine and will have to wait

Wise Owl

Account Locked
There are large numbers of people who don't take the flu vaccine who are very firmly in the high vulnerability bracket so the likelihood is those people wont have a covid vaccine either.

Im one of those who chose against the Flu jab solely because i think their are more deserving Folk worthy of it, i think to be honest it would be same with the Covid vaccine.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Like the MMR 3 in 1 injection

No idea mate but if this Vaccine is strong enough to Hold the Covid my thoughts would be mixing with the Flu jab might cause problems. My hope would be it kills the bloody lot (y) Viruses that is ;)

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
Im one of those who chose against the Flu jab solely because i think their are more deserving Folk worthy of it, i think to be honest it would be same with the Covid vaccine.
That might be your reasoning mate but the truth is certainly round here anyway that all doctors surgerys literally hound people to have the flu jab for the simple reason they get paid for it . My next door neighbour is 70 he's been trying to get a cough sorted out for weeks and has all sorts of aggro trying to get a doctors appointent yet the same surgery phone him 4 times in two weeks asking him to come in for a flu jab ..... he simply doesnt one one which is up to him .

Blanks

Site Supporter
I used to work for a GP and he told me he had a holiday to south africa paid for by one of the drug companies for prescribing a certain amount of drugs.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
So I take it that a "few" people on this forum didn't pay much attention in biology lessons at school??

Nothing is completely safe - but frankly the risk of mild adverse reaction to a vaccine compared to the risk of serious illness?
examples

Vaccines are amongst the safest "drugs" that can be given to humans as they work with the immune system, whereas most other drugs disrupt or enhance a specific cellular process (which can have knock-on impacts on all the connected processes)

the MMR combination vaccination is safe.
Much of the modern anti-vaxxer nonsense can be traced back to the "con-man" Andrew Wakefield, who actually falsified data in his original paper (unlike UEA in the climate change debate)

And for balance - in the case of vaccines, the most worrying side effects are unanticipated immune responses - which are going to happen almost immediately (so don't require long-term studies in the same way) - which is different to the therapeutic drugs question

As NOTN said - lots of people have not experienced a world with smallpox, endemic polio or other awful diseases that have been all but eradicated by vaccination.