The news.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Reaction to a good point made on a different thread.
Well over 99% of us plebs form our opinions or world view, based on what we see, hear or read in "the media", radio, TV, newspapers or, these days, the internet, but how do we know if our opinions are based on fact or if we are being manipulated?
We all know that certain news outlets are biased in one way or another and there has to be a tendency to get our news from a source that agrees with us. Some people get all of their news from a single biased source and it shows. Others cherry pick the bits of news that they like and totally ignore anything that goes against what they believe.
Most of us though, get their news from multiple sources, from both sides of the spectrum and sort of average it out to minimise the bias, hoping that it will give a more rounded view. For this reason I try to avoid the extreme entrenched outlets from the right and the left. For that reason I tend not to read the Mail, Express, the Guardian, or Daily Mirror.

Before anyone points out that I don't live in the UK, I do the same with French and American media as well.
Which outlets do you avoid?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
From what I can tell, the French media is much the same as the British with 'agenda based reporting' having used to read le parisien, le monde and a few others, Bild for German news. Right wing reporting impresses me about as much as a left wing bias, neither very much, so I avoid most of them these days.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
I tend to avoid most European media because I don't know about what bias they have,what is behind it all,or if there is an agenda.

Oh and I don't care. ?