The new pole v second hand pole debate

Coxey70

Hi guy’s I’ve got the old problem of which pole to buy with my budget. I’ve got about £1500 - £1800 to spend and I’m thinking Daiwa mainly because they’re popular and spares seem easier to obtain than other poles. I’m focused on 3 models.

Daiwa Tournament Pro this is the old model Wickersley angling have had remade so a new pole £1500 (pole only)
Daiwa Air or Air Z seem to go for £1800ish second hand (pole only)
Daiwa Airity £1400ish second hand (pole only)

so in a nut shell better secondhand pole but the problem of not knowing the history if a section breaks no guarantee so could work out expensive. Or the new pole which isn’t a £3000 pole don’t know which way to go so stuck going nowhere ? any help please

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi guy’s I’ve got the old problem of which pole to buy with my budget. I’ve got about £1500 - £1800 to spend and I’m thinking Daiwa mainly because they’re popular and spares seem easier to obtain than other poles. I’m focused on 3 models.

Daiwa Tournament Pro this is the old model Wickersley angling have had remade so a new pole £1500 (pole only)
Daiwa Air or Air Z seem to go for £1800ish second hand (pole only)
Daiwa Airity £1400ish second hand (pole only)

so in a nut shell better secondhand pole but the problem of not knowing the history if a section breaks no guarantee so could work out expensive. Or the new pole which isn’t a £3000 pole don’t know which way to go so stuck going nowhere ? any help please
If second hand check it all over if it's in good shape there are some bargains to be had . If I'm really honest I would prefer new because there is nothing like brand new anything but you will be paying top money

endpeg

I would go with the new Tourny the Airity isnt much different/better.
Second hand Air if i knew who had had it before me.

Coxey70

I know a guy with a new Air never used it on the bank but it’s 2 years old so if it breaks first time out I’m knackered ?

johng19

me@home.com
If you give the second hand one a good look over, you will get a better deal. I have never bought a new pole, but never really had the money. Not had a problem with any I have had.