The Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagull

The fishery I am fishing this weekend states "no groundbaiting - swimfeeders only" in it's rules.

Can I still fish "The Method" using soaked pellets instead of my usual fishmeal mix?

Do you think it would be withing the rules of the fishery to fish "The Method" with my rugular mix.

Seagull

missabite

Tough call. Your best bet would probably be to ask the fishery on this one.

Hatman

Drawbag ace
I'm sure I'll get corrected by more up to date members if I'm reading this wrong (I'm a bit out of date, been flyfishing mostly!) but a method feeder is a type of swimfeeder to me and so is within the fishery rules as I see it. I interpret the wording you've given as being you can only use groundbait in/on a feeder, not thrown as balls.

kleinboet

I think that is absolutely right! If the water allows method fishing (using the in line feeder, not the bolt rig one!) then you can use the method mix you want!

The Boss

That rule should be made clearer in my opinion. I agree with missabite on this ASK BEFORE YOU CAST!!!!!!

davyr

Originally posted by kleinboet

(using the in line feeder, not the bolt rig one!)

I thought the in line method feeder was *supposed* to be a bolt rig? Even if it's fished free-running rather than semi-fixed, the design must surely still produce enough resistance (especially as it's usually combined with a hair-rigged bait)to induce the fish to bolt?

Or am I missing something? [?]

newies_maggots

yes you can.

theres a fishery near me with the same rule..

ground bait only aloud in feeders... my mate uses his method feeder there all the time with no problems..

also, if ground bait is banned full stop, then you can use soaked pellets in a feeder

adam_f

use an open ended feeder
soak your pellets either 4mm or 3mm for a minute in water. then wait for them to soften slightly. then push them into and open ended feeder. that will not break any rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.